Full Hoops Pre-season rankings from CBS Sports | The Boneyard

Full Hoops Pre-season rankings from CBS Sports

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
19. St. Bonaventure: Let's flash back to this piece last year. Here's what I wrote: "No exaggeration to say there aren't 20 coaches who could average 17.6 wins over 13 years at Bona -- especially when you remember just how decrepit this program was when Mark Schmidt took it over. NIT group at worst, and then if all return for 2021-22, Bonaventure should be a top-60 team." How's top-20 sound, Bonnies? Bona wasn't even close to the NIT last season; these guys were a No. 9 seed! Now, almost the entire roster is back -- including all starters -- from the best team in the A-10. Look out. It all starts with lead guard Kyle Lofton and top-10 center Osun Osunniyi. Don't give Schmidt that much to work with -- it's not going to be fun for ya. The offense will probably be top-50, the defense hovering around top-10. It's entirely lame how other power-conference coaches were too afraid to schedule the Bonnies, so a shoutout to UConn's Dan Hurley and Virginia Tech's Mike Young for being the only coaches to agree to a game -- and do so on a neutral floor. Last season was one of the best Bona teams in program history. This one will be even better.

33. UConn: There's a lot of tempting weapons who will be eager to prove their worth now that James Bouknight is in the NBA. Whether UConn has that dynamic playmaker to ensure this is a top-35 team remains to be seen. I'll take my chances with Dan Hurley. Who'll be the best player? It's TBD. The answer should come from the trio of Adam Sanogo, Isaiah Whaley and R.J. Cole. Whaley could be the top overall defender in the conference. Cole could drop 30 in a night. (Efficiency is the factor.) Sanogo will be the most improved player in the Big East. I think Tyler Polley's capacity as a go-to guy late in games will add a dimension that this team lacked last season. This will be a rugged team, but also one with potential to peel off 14-2 runs. Hitting 80 points will be a special occasion, but there seems to be little doubt that UConn is a top-four Big East squad.

Reaction Score
19. St. Bonaventure: Let's flash back to this piece last year. Here's what I wrote: "No exaggeration to say there aren't 20 coaches who could average 17.6 wins over 13 years at Bona -- especially when you remember just how decrepit this program was when Mark Schmidt took it over. NIT group at worst, and then if all return for 2021-22, Bonaventure should be a top-60 team." How's top-20 sound, Bonnies? Bona wasn't even close to the NIT last season; these guys were a No. 9 seed! Now, almost the entire roster is back -- including all starters -- from the best team in the A-10. Look out. It all starts with lead guard Kyle Lofton and top-10 center Osun Osunniyi. Don't give Schmidt that much to work with -- it's not going to be fun for ya. The offense will probably be top-50, the defense hovering around top-10. It's entirely lame how other power-conference coaches were too afraid to schedule the Bonnies, so a shoutout to UConn's Dan Hurley and Virginia Tech's Mike Young for being the only coaches to agree to a game -- and do so on a neutral floor. Last season was one of the best Bona teams in program history. This one will be even better.

33. UConn: There's a lot of tempting weapons who will be eager to prove their worth now that James Bouknight is in the NBA. Whether UConn has that dynamic playmaker to ensure this is a top-35 team remains to be seen. I'll take my chances with Dan Hurley. Who'll be the best player? It's TBD. The answer should come from the trio of Adam Sanogo, Isaiah Whaley and R.J. Cole. Whaley could be the top overall defender in the conference. Cole could drop 30 in a night. (Efficiency is the factor.) Sanogo will be the most improved player in the Big East. I think Tyler Polley's capacity as a go-to guy late in games will add a dimension that this team lacked last season. This will be a rugged team, but also one with potential to peel off 14-2 runs. Hitting 80 points will be a special occasion, but there seems to be little doubt that UConn is a top-four Big East squad.
I would probably swap these ranks. Or maybe have them both in the mid 20s really.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Having Uconn 14 spots behind Bona is mental institution level insanity

Reaction Score
28. Loyola Chicago OR
34. Michigan State

14. Baylor
OR
46. Cuse OR
75. VCU OR
82. Arizona State

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Hop on the Polley train. Hes our late game go to guy.

Always trust content from.............................

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not really concerned with what Norlander thinks. Here are his pre-season picks last year. College basketball 1-357 rankings: Here are the projected best 68 teams for the 2020-21 season - CBSSports.com He got the few teams everyone knew were good right. That's about it.
I know it's fun to hate on national media guys, but imagine how difficult this practice is in practicality. It's purpose is one last piece of prediction entertainment for CBB super fans. Of course it's going to be mostly incorrect.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know it's fun to hate on national media guys, but imagine how difficult this practice is in practicality. It's purpose is one last piece of prediction entertainment for CBB super fans. Of course it's going to be mostly incorrect.

I'm not hating on him or anybody. It is impossible, few of these guys know the teams at all. Rosthstein, to his credit, visits practices and comes away with some actual insights into what players may step up and which teams may be better or worse than people think. But you can't do that for 300+ teams or even 64.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom