Full Court: USA trials players battle altitude & competition | The Boneyard

Full Court: USA trials players battle altitude & competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The situation is much more fluid for the U18s, as UConn recruits Moriah Jefferson and Breanna Stewart look like sure things, with 6-7 Imani Stafford right behind.

LINK

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Turner would be a great get for UConn in 2014. Along with Calhoun it would be a great class just there.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Turner would be a great get for UConn in 2014. Along with Calhoun it would be a great class just there.
That would be an excellent class, certainly a solid start. Depending on the size of the 2013 class, we may need more players in 2014; those 2 would be a really nice core.

I think Calhoun is ranked between about 6 and 16. Turner seems to be a consensus top 3 or so. She plays above the rim. She'll be a major asset for any program.

Reaction Score
I'm still hopeful that we land at least two from the 2013 class.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I recall that Turner was determined to make a good showing after either not making the team last year or not playing well. It will be interesting to see how she performs this summer in Europe. I wonder if she could be another Tina... She seems to have the same body type.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I recall that Turner was determined to make a good showing after either not making the team last year or not playing well. It will be interesting to see how she performs this summer in Europe. I wonder if she could be another Tina... She seems to have the same body type.

You can bet your last dollar that telling Turner she can be another "Tina" is part of the recruiting strategy.

And Tina's success after graduating in the WNBA and Olympics sure does help.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
You can bet your last dollar that telling Turner she can be another "Tina" is part of the recruiting strategy.

And Tina's success after graduating in the WNBA and Olympics sure does help.
Yup, and Asjha Jones is a good example of posts developing at UConn also. Watching her play for the Sun yesterday, she has come a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom