Full court press | The Boneyard

Full court press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow I was impressed watching WV dismantle Kansas. We have so many athletic guards---why don't incorporate series of real full court press and traps. We dont have to do it all game like WVU--but I think it would really help us drive up especially with Amida out.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
My guess would be it is BECAUSE Brimah is out. The guys have not shown a capability to sustain proper defensive tactics (staying in front of man) for very long, so without having Brimah as a last resort to protect the basket, we could be looking at a layup drill.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We don't seem to have the lateral quickness to be able to press and trap appropriately.

Reaction Score
Also, we only are really playing 8 men right now. Not the deepest team to be pressing.

Reaction Score
Even though we have a lot of fresh bodies on the bench, Omar and Cassell (also Gibbs) would not be great at this. Huggins is really married to this press and it works well for him but this year's team looks very good, and he has the rebounders to start the break too.

Reaction Score
Vs Memphis we had Gibbs / Adams just chasing the ball as Memphis passed the ball back and forth. It was fairly pointless.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Tenacious coach. Tenacious press. Recruit for it. JC made a living on it in the early days. Huggy doing it now. We don't recruit for the press so it would never be as effective as WVs. Even JC gave it up when we started getting top tier players. It's just not who we are now.

Reaction Score
Tenacious coach. Tenacious press. Recruit for it. JC made a living on it in the early days. Huggy doing it now. We don't recruit for the press so it would never be as effective as WVs. Even JC gave it up when we started getting top tier players. It's just not who we are now.
I don't think JC ever recruited for it just made his players do it because there was no other way. I miss some of that swarming defense we used to have, but it never got us a national title.

Reaction Score
I think Gilbert and a sophomore Adams have potential to be the anchors of a good press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom