FSU this weekend ticket prices | The Boneyard

FSU this weekend ticket prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They have Bethune Cookman at home.

Its $84 for four tickets, hot dogs and sodas.

At some point these schools have to realize if they don't have a premium product they need to slash prices? Right? AAC?

Reaction Score
Playing Bethune Cookman?

Nobody wants to sit in the hot sun and watch the 4th styring blow out a FCS team....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Playing Bethune Cookman?

Nobody wants to sit in the hot sun and watch the 4th styring blow out a FCS team....

No kidding. Thats the point. If you have a terrible product you need to slash prices.

Reaction Score
Yeah....We would have been playing @ WVU but they cancelled the home and home to go to the Big 12....it is an "extra" home game so it is all gravy.

Reaction Score
So all our away games should be pretty cheap. I say $50 for four plus hot dogs and soda and 4 tickets their next home game.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
They have Bethune Cookman at home.

Its $84 for four tickets, hot dogs and sodas.

At some point these schools have to realize if they don't have a premium product they need to slash prices? Right? AAC?
$84/4=$21. Say the dog cost $3 and the soda cost $3.50. That's $14.50 for the ticket.

Ticket to the Rock Cats cost $12 behind the dugout. How far are you looking for the FSU price to be slashed?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
$84/4=$21. Say the dog cost $3 and the soda cost $3.50. That's $14.50 for the ticket.

Ticket to the Rock Cats cost $12 behind the dugout. How far are you looking for the FSU price to be slashed?

I guess I didn't get my point across very well. But to answer you honestly that's not far enough going forward.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I've probably spent well over $84 for myself at a UConn game (Definitely at a Red Sox game). So feeding a family of 4 (or 2 dads and two kids, or 1 parent and 3 kids, whatever) and entertaining for 3 1/2 hours at the same rate, regardless of opponent, doesn't seem like a hard pill to swallow. It's literally $6 an hour. You'd spend more for a baby sitter!!!!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I heard you Whaler.

For those that need help with what Whaler was saying... If UConn wants to fill stadium against lesser quality AAC competition, it may have to cut prices going forward (I see a Memphis 4-ticket jumbo hot dog extra large soda super saver fun pack for $60 in our future).

Reaction Score
Now...most of us who bought season tickets did not get a cut rate price for Bethune Cookman...that special deal gets you in the vacant end zone seats that are left from season ticket sales.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I heard you Whaler.

For those that need help with what Whaler was saying... If UConn wants to fill stadium against lesser quality AAC competition, it may have to cut prices going forward (I see a Memphis 4-ticket jumbo hot dog extra large soda super saver fun pack for $60 in our future).

I'm talking longer term with UConn as an example.

Into the future I think everyone is going to feel the challenge of having people show up for any non-marquee event.

Just cruise Stubhub across the country for a Saturday slate. Alabama/aTm - hundreds of dollars to get in the door. Pretty much every other game in the country last week was below face value - many of them a fraction of the cost.

We just watched UConn try to sell season and even mini-plan tickets on the backs of Michigan. Didn't really work.

Now UConn is going to do silly things like offer Memphis and South Florida tickets for $10. All that does is give people a reason to avoid season tickets in the future.

They need to come to the realization that you can't sell all the tickets for the same price even in season packages.

Rounding off they priced the XL basketball tickets at $30 a game for season tickets. Then they'll sell mini plans at $30/game. Then they'll sell single games for $30/game generally.

Once the game approaches and they haven't sold enough they say all games before New Year's $10. Then it's $10 for a Saturday noon start. Then it's $10 for fan appreciation day,..

At the end of it all someone with a pulse says - I can't go to every game anyway and some of them are so bad it's a chore. I can piece together the 6 games I want to see for $125 - why spend $300?

So while offers like these seem to make sense - if you aren't willing to be more strategic on pricing in the long term they can have long lasting damaging effects.

Look at the attendance for the AL wild card chase. Tampa, Cleveland and Oakland didn't get 35k combined the other night.

Look at the PSAs for the Jets and Giants. Yankee Stadium and even Fenway this year to a degree.

Things are changing and the people who price sporting event tickets are not changing fast enough to deal with it.

Reaction Score
Bet the FSU game tomorrow is still at least 80% capacity crowd. When your fans care, you can charge anything to see them play anyone.

Reaction Score
Just cruise Stubhub across the country for a Saturday slate. Alabama/aTm - hundreds of dollars to get in the door. Pretty much every other game in the country last week was below face value - many of them a fraction of the cost.

For future reference, every number is a fraction of every other number. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom