FSU relegation | The Boneyard

FSU relegation

Reaction Score
I would guess it would be UCF, but they are not throwing out FSU, but if ND joins them, I believe UCF would be the most likely next addition to the ACC.

Reaction Score
Why is it that I find the topic of soccer style relegation highly amusing when brought up by a fan of a school that:
a. was considered "1-A" in football, then "relegated" to "1-AA", then disbanded its program
b. once risen like a phoenix from the ashes due to alumni demand, was given multiple opportunities by its parent conference to elevate back to "1-A" status, but refused
???

Reaction Score
If the Acc invited Ucf, Fsu is in the Big 12 by the end of the week. No way they become 3rd best Fl team in there own conference.
Maybe Georgia State and Florida State swap conferences to improve the ACC’s football portfolio.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Villanova has as much chance of getting into the ACC as F$U has of being dropped. Stop drinking the cooling water.

Reaction Score
Why is it that I find the topic of soccer style relegation highly amusing when brought up by a fan of a school that:
a. was considered "1-A" in football, then "relegated" to "1-AA", then disbanded its program
b. once risen like a phoenix from the ashes due to alumni demand, was given multiple opportunities by its parent conference to elevate back to "1-A" status, but refused
???
They probably thought it'd be useless to have 2 FBS teams in one city. Though that would have been cool. NYC doesn't even have an FBS school.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Generally for visitors, "trolling" is thrown out undeservedly at the outsider. In this case, however, it is truly earned.
You have to respect the self-awareness and honesty.

Reaction Score
Nova wouldn’t accept an ACC invite.

it would be good for football but Nova wouldn’t be willing to take a step down in hoops
LOL Good one. UConn and Villanova are probably the only ones who would stand a chance in the ACC.

Reaction Score
? Isn't Nova FCS.
Yeah. I was talking basketball. And I’m not sure we are at the point of being competitive with top ACC teams yet. I’ve seen us projected as a 9/10 type seed so that means most people see us as a filler this year.

Reaction Score
Yeah. I was talking basketball. And I’m not sure we are at the point of being competitive with top ACC teams yet. I’ve seen us projected as a 9/10 type seed so that means most people see us as a filler this year.
The nACC is bloated, so you get a watered down schedule. You may cite a top team in any given yearbut you might only play that team once.

The doubleRR schedule of the Big East is better than the top to bottom nACC schedule.

If you are not ready for UVA you are not ready for Nova.

Reaction Score
Nevermind!

Reaction Score
I think it's UConn. The ACC realizes it made a mistake not letting us in a few years ago instead opting for Louisville. If we play UMass in the spring in FB and have a resounding victory, and maybe play a few other colleges, and win those -- we are in the running again.

Reaction Score
Sadly so is the new Big East. When PC and the Hall are competing for titles, something they didn’t do for 10 years in the real Big East, that tells me it isn’t a real power conference. Let’s be honest. You would take 1 game a year vs UNC, DUKE, NC State, Virginia, Louisville (assuming you had all your shots, admittedly), Syracuse, than 4 against nothing burgers like Creighton, Seton Hall and St Johns and Providence. They may be decent teams but nobody is turning off UNC-Duke to watch Creighton-Seton Hall, probably not even Creighton and Hall alumni.

As far as UConn and Villanova in 20-21 go, I dont know really. The Huskies will be improved if all stay healthy. Not a nationally important team at this point but improved over recent vintages. As I said likely a tournament filler. One of those 9-13 seeds they need to fill out the brackets. Don’t know much about Villanova this year. They weren’t much the past couple. Like UConn this year bracket fillers.

Reaction Score
Oh, and the ACC ain’t taking a.non-FBS team. I love how Villanova fans love to talk about going to the ACC.

Reaction Score
Oh, and the ACC ain’t taking a.non-FBS team. I love how Villanova fans love to talk about going to the ACC.
I was actually talking about NOT going to the ACC. We are in a better conference.

Reaction Score
I was actually talking about NOT going to the ACC. We are in a better conference.
Ahhh...No. Not even close. The Big East is like the grandchild of a guy who donated a building at Harvard. He gets in regardless of qualifications. It is a legacy league that gets bids because people remember UConn Georgetown, Syracuse, Louisville, St Johns back in the day. They forget that Creighton and Xavier don’t share that history and Georgetown is no longer relevant. When PC and the Hall are considered league powers it is pretty clear that this ain’t the Big East of old.

Reaction Score
Ahhh...No. Not even close. The Big East is like the grandchild of a guy who donated a building at Harvard. He gets in regardless of qualifications. It is a legacy league that gets bids because people remember UConn Georgetown, Syracuse, Louisville, St Johns back in the day. They forget that Creighton and Xavier don’t share that history and Georgetown is no longer relevant. When PC and the Hall are considered league powers it is pretty clear that this ain’t the Big East of old.
That's uninformed - Nova won 2 of the last 4 national championships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom