FSU’s Norvell gets called out for lying by player | The Boneyard

FSU’s Norvell gets called out for lying by player

Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter what anyone says, this is a platform for the aggrieved to color everything and anything as some affront. Say nothing. It’s insensitive. Say something. It’s disingenuous. The moral high ground is being lost, and the radicals have hijacked an opportunity for something constructive to occur.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter what anyone says, this is a platform for the aggrieved to color everything and anything as some affront. Say nothing. It’s insensitive. Say something. It’s disingenuous. The moral high ground is being lost, and the radicals have hijacked an opportunity for something constructive to occur.
Maybe he just shouldn't have lied about talking to his players

Reaction Score
Maybe he just shouldn't have lied about talking to his players
Maybe he spoke to some one on one. Maybe he intended to. Maybe he plans to and got ahead of himself. I don’t see any malicious intent. The non-infantile response would be “hey, coach, appreciate the sentiment when are going to meet as a team” not a piling steam of crap emoji and bs boycott threats. But, I guess I expect too much.

phillionaire

Reaction Score
Maybe he spoke to some one on one. Maybe he intended to. Maybe he plans to and got ahead of himself. I don’t see any malicious intent. The non-infantile response would be “hey, coach, appreciate the sentiment when are going to meet as a team” not a piling steam of crap emoji and bs boycott threats. But, I guess I expect too much.
God forbid the (primarily black) players that are being used by him to make millions of dollars use their platforms to expect more than just basic platitudes.

Reaction Score
Damned if you do and damned if you don’t!

Reaction Score
God forbid the (primarily black) players that are being used by him to make millions of dollars use their platforms to expect more than just basic platitudes.
Yes, we really need a good cultural education program to denounce anything that doesn’t conform with sufficient sincerity as ajudged by the victims of a free education, room and board.

Reaction Score
Norvell did a good job of recovering...

Held a team meeting...explained that he used a poor choice of words in "individually contacting" when what he did was send every individual a message. That it was a team message and not actually individual.

The original poster and the team have now rallied around Norvell...on to workouts and season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Norvell did a good job of recovering...

Held a team meeting...explained that he used a poor choice of words in "individually contacting" when what he did was send every individual a message. That it was a team message and not actually individual.

The original poster and the team have now rallied around Norvell...on to workouts and season.

Hope he does not make that mistake when running individual drills.

Reaction Score
Hope he does not make that mistake when running individual drills.

I think that this was a pivotal moment for Norvell early in his FSU career. He could have lost the team, given these emotionally charged times. A dicey situation.

He turned that personal liability into a team bonding situation....a nice piece of work...IMHO

phillionaire

Reaction Score
Yes, we really need a good cultural education program to denounce anything that doesn’t conform with sufficient sincerity as ajudged by the victims of a free education, room and board.
So they should just shut up and play?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom