Fryers ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Fryers ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Donny was dead wrong when he said that there was no foul when RJ drove on the blond kid, and that the guy had his arms straight up. Then he stuck with that story even after the replay showed that he didn't put his arms up until after he bumped Cole's shoulder twice.
  2. Both teams playing sloppy, mistake filled ball early.
  3. Early on, it felt like we owned the boards. I think we ended up winning the total rebound column but only by 3.
  4. Gaffney's 3 TOs in 4 minutes fueled Providence's go ahead run mid-first half.
  5. We played some of the prettiest basketball of our season for a few minutes there, after they got up 6. And then we just fell completely apart for the rest of the half.
  6. Reeves got wide open looks for three all night. We were fortunate that he only shot 50% for three. Seven of his 8 attempts at three, he may as well have been alone in the gym, because no-one was covering him.
  7. Bynum threw a half court shot from 3/4 court at the end of the half.
  8. I didn't think we could start the 2nd half worse than we ended the 1st half. We could. And we did.
  9. I see a pattern here. Put two good plays together, then fall apart for three. Or more.
  10. Really thought we had somehow grabbed the upper hand after Polley's three with 1:30 left.
  11. And then just like when we fell apart after taking the lead in the first half, we did it again.
  12. Can't play much worse than Gafney & Hawkins did tonight.
  13. Akok started the game like gangbusters in the paint. 3 boards and 2 blocks and then... Did he get hurt? I watched most of the game with the sound off, so I didn't hear anything about it, but I sure hope not.
  14. Whaley had a very typical Whaley game. Upper end of his typical output range but that's to be expected with no Adama. 10 points, 7 boards and a couple blocks, better than 50% from the field.
  15. Jackson had one of his best games, with 14 boards, 8 points a block and a dime.
  16. Martin certainly played well for his first game back.
  17. Much like Whaley, Cole had a Cole game, except he missed a few more shots than usual. But he had a few extra assists to offset the poor shooting. 8 dimes and five boards on top of his 16 points puts him on the plus side of the ledger. But that makes four players who did their job. After the first 10 minutes, Akok was a non factor, but the big issue was...
  18. Three points from the bench. That right there is a stat you can't overcome -- especially with Akok doing so little.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Long Thoughtz today, but all on point. This was a mystifying loss. We held PC to 57 points … but whenever they needed a basket they seemed to get it. Also, we had way too many passes deflected, and missed tips and layups. Also, what was with the free throw shooting today?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon
Top Bottom