Frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
UConn gives up an incredible amount of 3's when they shot clock is running out

Reaction Score
Oriakhi fumbles everything, I keep thinking he will start playing better but it's not happening. It's getting frustrating how every time we get a nice big lead we let the other team come right back. Very stagnant on offense right now, Shabazz can't get us into any sets. Drummond needs to be big in the second half and not pick up any silly fouls.

Reaction Score
AO is playing poorly, but i've been more upset with shabazz the entire half.

Reaction Score
UConn gives up an incredible amount of 3's when they shot clock is running out
Give credit to Harvard fo rsome of those. They keep passing the full 35 and eventually find an open guy. And they are shootng well from the 3. Let's pickmup the pace and push the ball up the court.

Reaction Score
Far too much Shabazz pounding the ball at the top of the key, not even close to enough ball movement. Blaney should have a stop watch, and if Bazz ever dribbles the ball for ten consecutive seconds, he should automatically be pulled from the game. He needs to do a better job of rotating the ball to force the defense out of position.

Reaction Score
I don't think Harvard is trying to run the clock and then shoot the three... That's just what they're being left with once other options run out. Uconn needs to stop jumping at pump fakes and helping on drives. No Harvard guards are looking to do anything more than drive and kick. Trust the bigs to make the play and stay on your man

Reaction Score
I don't understand why we have to have help defense on everything. Wish Napier could just stay infront of his guy. AO is frustrating but this has happened all year. Hopefully the come out fired up in the second half.

Reaction Score
Idk why but im not worried about this game at all. Uconn will pull away and win by at least 10

Reaction Score
AOs terrible hands are even more frustrating. He's lost at least 2 rebounds and 2 opportunities to score.
Bazz taking horrible shots as soon as we get a lead and failing to make easy passes is equally fristrating.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
We're not going to beat good teams this season if we keep playing like this. The "well, it's early in the season, eventually the guys will start playing together much better and they will find their game" excuse doesn't cut it anymore now that we're on game 9 and still playing inconsistently on offense, without much drive/heart, still making stupid turnovers.

Reaction Score
Baby sheep... I'm pretty sure you could say that most seasons... Give them time.

Calhoun's teams have almost always played to the level of their competition, down or up

Reaction Score
Plus, Harvard is a very good team. They have their whole starting lineup back and you can tell that they are used to playing with each other. If you watched only this game, you'd think that Harvard was much better coached.

Reaction Score
This Harvard run started because Roscoe Smith decided he didn't have to guard anyone and just stood in the paint and allowed a skip pass to a wide-open three without ever moving. Then Bazz decided he had to match the three.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i'm not concerned. this team will ebb and flow. they will lose some games we think they should win. they will be top 10-15 by the end of the year and make a serious run in the NCAA's. they are a young team. aside from Oriakhi, they basically start all freshmen and sophomores. pretty impressive.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Guys, Harvard isn't good just because they beat UCF and FSU.

Reaction Score
Harvard is good because they were #35 in the final RPI last season and return their entire team this year. They're used to playing with each other and they defend hard.

Reaction Score
Harvard is good because they were #35 in the final RPI last season and return their entire team this year. They're used to playing with each other and they defend hard.
Harvard is a solid team as you articulated. They play a cerebral brand of basketball and a 14 point W against Harvard will look very good on the resume at the end of the season. Congrats to Andre on a solid game.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
First of all, Harvard deserves their ranking. They have more talent than about 2/3 of the Big East, and they're experienced. I'm not a big fan of Tommy Amaker, but it wouldn't surprise me if they not only went to the NCAA tournament, but also won a game or two while there.

Second, check out their schedule. They will be favored in every game they play the rest of the year. They'll lose some, but when it's all said and done, they'll have a pretty decent rpi.

Reaction Score
He picked UConn to win and cover. This sites obsession with him is gross.
Thank you. He's favored UConn all year and people on here can;t get over old news/

Reaction Score
He picked UConn to win and cover. This sites obsession with him is gross.

The dude went on the air and essentially told Roscoe Smith that he should decommit and go somewhere else. That ok with you?

Today he said that Ryan Boatright was suspended for six games due to an "off the court incident". I find that almost as unacceptable.

I don't care if he tries to say that Kemba Walker is the 10th best point guard in the NBA Draft (just trying to get under our skin) or is very critical of Shabazz today (he played point guard and was on point with what he was saying) or picks Bucknell to win (it wasn't outrageous to think we'd be tired in that game). But I can't forgive him for what he said regarding Roscoe Smith and I consider myself reasonably level-headed, as far as internet messageboard doofuses go.

Reaction Score
At this point it's just funny, Gottlieb knows that many Husky fans can't stand him and he has fun with it. Gottlieb is too much of a contrarian for me a lot of the time but he's more knowledgable than most of the morons employed by ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom