Frontier drops SNY? [Merged Thread] | The Boneyard

Frontier drops SNY? [Merged Thread]

Reaction Score
Don't know who else is impacted but Frontier has stopped carrying SNY in Shelton today..........

Reaction Score
SNY no longer on Frontier channel guide on my screen in Hartford now.

Reaction Score
Frontier dropped SNY in Tampa area 3/31. I posted it days ago but no one seemed to care. Time to find out when my contract is over.

Reaction Score
Looks like ESPN+ may be the only way to go in the future. Not sure what Comcast is doing.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Hang in there, Directv!

Reaction Score
ESPN now will own the UConn content that was formerly sold to SNY...

Whether SNY will continue to have access to the content for their network will depend on their willingness to pay ESPN.

I can't see any logic for Disney giving any monies they can get from SNY back to UConn outside of the conference contract.

And if they did, that would create a headache precedent that other universities could bring up to Disney.

In effect...the loss of the $1.5 million from SNY could cut into UConn's net gain from the media deal.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
ESPN now will own the UConn content that was formerly sold to SNY...

Whether SNY will continue to have access to the content for their network will depend on their willingness to pay ESPN.

I can't see any logic for Disney giving any monies they can get from SNY back to UConn outside of the conference contract.

And if they did, that would create a headache precedent that other universities could bring up to Disney.

In effect...the loss of the $1.5 million from SNY could cut into UConn's net gain from the media deal.

Yes, this is UCONN's problem with the deal as it stands. Also the loss of linear signal telecasts. We like to schedule alumni events nationwide as game watch parties. That's the beauty of having the games on SNY.

Reaction Score
Sooo...maybe carriage by SNY is salvageable....just won't get additional money...but will get the exposure for alumni.

And surely, alumni game watch parties will be where ESPN+ and ESPN families are available.

Reaction Score
Who do we contact at Frontier who will listen, other than customer service.

No one, They don't care !! I'm in the process of dropping them now.

Reaction Score
I had to deal with this at the beginning of this year with Comcast dropping SNY. I think it has something to do with NBC Sports buying/contolling SNY.

Reaction Score
I had Frontier some time ago - the main attraction being SNY. I changed back to -near basic - Comcast, so, the semi-final game being on ESPN2 means, I'll watch on YouTube.
Thanks to all of 'em for encouraging us to cut-the-cord.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom