Front court depth | The Boneyard

Front court depth

Reaction Score
UConn has always had good guards on their roster but the way they have won championships is with solid front court depth. It’s way too much pressure being placed on ONO shoulders! I am excited about PB coming next year but damn am I hoping the incoming post players can take pressure off ONO so she can reach her potential. They are too small to get to the final 4 unless a few players can play out their mind at the same time. I really do hope I am wrong!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think the frontcourt will get an immediate boost from 6’3” Aaliyah Edwards, who’s experience on the Canadian National team has prepared her well for the next level. The bigger question, literally and figuratively, involves 6’5” Piath Gabriel. Piath is a big, strong girl who can run the court. How quickly she can develop her basketball skills will determine just how soon she can become part of UConn’s regular rotation.

If Piath can just get comfortable rebounding and playing defense at the college level, she will get meaningful minutes next year as Liv’s backup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the frontcourt will get an immediate boost from 6’3” Aaliyah Edwards, who’s experience on the Canadian National team has prepared her well for the next level. The bigger question, literally and figuratively, involves 6’5” Piath Gabriel. Piath is a big, strong girl who can run the court. How quickly she can develop her basketball skills will determine just how soon she can become part of UConn’s regular rotation.

If Piath can just get comfortable rebounding and playing defense at the college level, she will get meaningful minutes next year as Liv’s backup.

I wonder if Edwards is 6'3".............I've seen everything from 6'1" and up............from the reports here on the BY, Gabriel is extremely raw...........unfortunately I doubt she'll be ready to make major contributions next season............more may be expected from the "tiny" Mir Mclean who at 5"11" is considered a super rebounder

"Ultra-athletic prospect that cleans the glass, jumps over defenders and finishes plays with acrobatic flair in the paint; superb in the key, goes to work off missed shots and yields results; perhaps the most athletic prospect in the class of 2020.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wonder if Edwards is 6'3".............I've seen everything from 6'1" and up............from the reports here on the BY, Gabriel is extremely raw...........unfortunately I doubt she'll be ready to make major contributions next season............more may be expected from the "tiny" Mir Mclean who at 5"11" is considered a super rebounder

"Ultra-athletic prospect that cleans the glass, jumps over defenders and finishes plays with acrobatic flair in the paint; superb in the key, goes to work off missed shots and yields results; perhaps the most athletic prospect in the class of 2020.
I watched some of Aaliyah’s games with the Canadian National team and she impressed the hell out of me with her ability to battle in the paint against veteran players. Whatever her height is, Aaliyah will most certainly add frontcourt strength to the Huskies next season. I do agree that it may take time for Piath to be ready, I’m hoping that she’s good for 5-10 minutes, maybe by the 2nd half of the season. As for Mir, she is certainly athletic, but much the same as Aubrey, she has much to work on before she can be a consistently effective college BB player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom