From today forward, What needs to happen in the Big East and NCAA tourney for this season to be considered a success? | The Boneyard

From today forward, What needs to happen in the Big East and NCAA tourney for this season to be considered a success?

Reaction Score
BET: Don't get upset in the Big East Tournament. If we lose to Xavier or Marquette so be it.

NCAA: Get to the 2nd round no matter what. A first round loss for the third year in a row would be horrible. If we can get to the S16 I would be thrilled.

Reaction Score
winning charlie sheen GIF

Reaction Score
Well, at 14-0 I said 6 losses or more in conference was a catastrophic failure. We already hit that point.

BET Finals, and S16 is my bare minimum. Anything less and Hurley's seat will be warming up very quickly
This is basically where I'm at. I could maybe accept a loss in the 2nd round depending on circumstances, but we need to start winning those 50/50 games.

Reaction Score
I’m usually more receptive to abstract wins and moral victories than most, but the time for that is ending. Get to at least the BET semis and at least the Ro32 (and beyond depending on matchups). It’s time for some tangible success.

Not that I’d put Hurley on the hot seat (yet) if he didn’t do one/both of those, but I’d be incredibly disappointed and wouldn’t be giving him the benefit of the doubt in 23-24 or 24-25.

Reaction Score
Finish 500. in the regular season maybe even 9-11 if we beat 2 of Top 3 in conference remaining games and win 1 min in MSG and min 1 in NCAA. If we get to Sweet 16 the others won’t matter.

Reaction Score
BET semi finals minimum.

I like Hurley but it's year 5. He needs to get out of the 1st weekend or his seat will be hot.

How many coaches at p5 schools last more then 5 years without a tourney win?

Reaction Score
Win the rest of our home games and at least 3 of the 5 remaining away games. BET semis and with the way we started the season 2 wins in NCAA Tourney.

Reaction Score
Considering we (& many taliking heads) thought this was a Final 4 team a few weeks ago, I would say less that Sweet 16 & BET Finals would be a major bummer. I'm still hopeful the turnaround starts tonight and we start thinking big again.

Imo the earliest Hurley could really be on any hot seat would be after the 24-25 season...the team is relevant again, DH can recruit and has a long leash for now.....but who wants to even think about any hot seat talk now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Beat the next two crap teams on the schedule. Get back to playing great defense. Win at least two games in the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
Lofty goals: National title. WIn Big East regular season and tournament.

Realistic goals to strive for: Elite Eight. Win one of BE regular season or tournament.

Satisfied with: Sweet Sixteen. Top 3 finish in BE regular season, Big East tourny finals.

Minimum expectations: Win a game in the tournament. Top 4 BE finish and BET semis.
Hasn't changed from pre-season. We're unlikely to hit that top 3 finish and top 4 is even looking dicey, so I would very much want to at least make the BET semis or finals (and winning would salvage much of this conference season).

NCAA round of 32 or problems. Sweet 16 and and I'm looking forward to what we can build next year.

Orc

Reaction Score
Well, at 14-0 I said 6 losses or more in conference was a catastrophic failure. We already hit that point.

BET Finals, and S16 is my bare minimum. Anything less and Hurley's seat will be warming up very quickly
Win 1 game in the tourney will be an achievement. This team doesnt have the personnel to make a deep run in march. Im just waiting for next season to start tbh :)

Reaction Score
Win 1 game in the tourney will be an achievement. This team doesnt have the personnel to make a deep run in march. Im just waiting for next season to start tbh :)
This team absolutely has the pieces to make a deep run. Getting to 14-0 by blasting everyone wasn't a fluke. This past month has been worse than words can describe, but that doesn't mean we can't get it going again. Gotta start playing good defense again though.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This team absolutely has the pieces to make a deep run. Getting to 14-0 by blasting everyone wasn't a fluke. This past month has been worse than words can describe, but that doesn't mean we can't get it going again. Gotta start playing good defense again though.
I don’t know if they have the pieces, the roster has been exposed. But getting lucky with a nice draw and hitting some shots? I can see us in the S16.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom