From McGraw's Bench, news about an ESPN recruiting show. | The Boneyard

From McGraw's Bench, news about an ESPN recruiting show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So it has been confirmed that Westbrook and Walker are making their announcements on that show? That is very un-UCONN like for a recruit, who are typically more modest with their commitments.

That's because neither of them will be attending UConn.......................:D

Reaction Score
So it has been confirmed that Westbrook and Walker are making their announcements on that show? That is very un-UCONN like for a recruit, who are typically more modest with their commitments.
The press release for the ESPNU show doesn't mention Westbrook at all, and does not indicate it will show Walker's announcement. The show will primarily feature 3 top men's BB recruits. PR says they will "also" interview Megan Walker, who plans to make her announcement "earlier in the day."

ESPN Recruiting Nation: Basketball Signing Day Special on ESPNU will Feature College Announcements from Three Top Prospects in ESPN 100 - ESPN MediaZone

Reaction Score
It is totally un - UCONN like. That is why I am convinced that neither recruit will be selecting UCONN.

Reaction Score
It is totally un - UCONN like. That is why I am convinced that neither recruit will be selecting UCONN.
That's because neither of them will be attending UConn........:D
That's because neither of them will be attending UConn........:D
I totally agree. the Walker thing has been similar to A'ja Wilson who never seriously considered going anywhere but to her home state University. When we get a superstar recruit it is because she is a Uconn type of person. Modest, team-focused, hard working. They sign their commitment letters on the hood of their family car, or inform Geno while on their visit to Storrs.

Reaction Score
I totally agree. the Walker thing has been similar to A'ja Wilson who never seriously considered going anywhere but to her home state University. When we get a superstar recruit it is because she is a Uconn type of person. Modest, team-focused, hard working. They sign their commitment letters on the hood of their family car, or inform Geno while on their visit to Storrs.
What about Maya? Or Kiah? They all did something beyond signing on the hood of a car, didn't they?

Reaction Score

Stewart may have informed Geno but she made the announcement to the rest of us at an assembly at her HS.

And I wouldn't describe Abrosimova, Taurasi, Bird or Dolson as "modest". Hard working? Yes. Team oriented? Yes.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
How many Uconn recruits signed their loi on the hood of a car besides Stewart? Some of you need to let that go. Lexi sure is not doing that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I didnt watch the announcement.... since she wasnt considering Duke. But did they bring a car into the gym (or wherever she gave her announcement) for her to sign her letter on?

eat-crow.jpg

??????????????????????????????

:cool:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

So true. They would absolutely never have a live streamed commitment ceremony in their high school gym with a two person camera crew on standby to make a documentary-style short film about the ceremony that they share all over social media.. only to appear on ESPNU's college recruitment special moments after the ceremony.

Yeah, that would never happen to a young woman intent on going to the University of Connecticut. ;)

Reaction Score
So true. They would absolutely never have a live streamed commitment ceremony in their high school gym with a two person camera crew on standby to make a documentary-style short film about the ceremony that they share all over social media.. only to appear on ESPNU's college recruitment special moments after the ceremony.

Yeah, that would never happen to a young woman intent on going to the University of Connecticut. ;)
KLS also had a ceremony. Maya had one. Kiah had one. I could go on. UConn players have ceremonies too, and they all seem to have turned out OK. Some need to stop judging kids they don't even know by whether or not they have a signing ceremony.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
KLS also had a ceremony. Maya had one. Kiah had one. I could go on. UConn players have ceremonies too, and they all seem to have turned out OK. Some need to stop judging kids they don't even know by whether or not they have a signing ceremony.
If I can feel superior to 17 year olds and make it known by posting about it, how am I in my sixties to gain any self respect?! :eek::cool:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I didnt watch the announcement.... since she wasnt considering Duke. But did they bring a car into the gym (or wherever she gave her announcement) for her to sign her letter on?

eat-crow.jpg

??????????????????????????????

:cool:

Thanksgiving dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads