Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It's nice to see WCBB appreciated.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That place will be rocking - should be a great atmosphere for the game, and should get our women pumped up to play what might otherwise have been overlooked as another game against an unranked opponent.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
KSU crowds can be raucous for CBB games. Should be a good atmosphere on the women's side. I expect UConn will win, but KSU is certainly no pushover.

Reaction Score
This is a sandwich game for Uconn. It's right between Notre Dame and Ohio St. I hope the Huskies
don't have a hangover from the ND victory.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Any television? I have found none yet.

Reaction Score
Kansas State WBB averages about 4,200 per game so the crowd should really help them...........

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Fox Sports 1 (FS-1) at 2pm Sunday.

Thanks guys! 2 pm EST, 1 pm for CST. Just checked up on KSU. Half-ish of their wins were against (at best) exhibition-grade opponents. But they do have a flock of players at 6'1 or taller. They have wins against Auburn and LSU. Not too much beyond that.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

This is all good for women's basketball. A well written game preview by a student sports writer, an undefeated team eager to play before a loud full house, and a community all revved up to see the legendary UConn Huskies and their Hall of Fame Coach. Think how thrilling this will be for many local families lucky to have coveted game tickets! :)

No, the circus isn't coming to town. Just The Greatest Show On Earth! ;)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Will the Crowd help K State? So many times in the past Teams facing UConn draw huge crowds because its UConn. What has happened frequently is UConn plays their normal game and the home team is facing the pressure because of the huge crowd. After coming from the ND game, the crowd won't impact the UConn players. They'll just have to have the right attitude going into the game and there's no reason why they won't.

Reaction Score
I looked at the picture in the article and it looked like there wasn't anybody in the stands. After reading the article I don't really think they fully understand what their in for on Sunday.

Reaction Score
This is a sandwich game for Uconn. It's right between Notre Dame and Ohio St. I hope the Huskies
don't have a hangover from the ND victory.

I agree with you on this. But with the best coach in the game on the sidelines, im quite sure he will prescribe the right medicine in case of a hangover.;)

Also the crowd could make them keep the focus if they get down to K State. Sometimes that's all that's needed.

Reaction Score
This is an exciting bball game for WCBB. Great to see the K-State fans coming out to support their team.

GO UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Any television? I have found none yet.

photo.jpg

(Seriously though, the game is on FS1)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Oh, Alex! You gentleman of infinite jest!

(Yup. Thanks. Got it.)

Reaction Score
This is an exciting bball game for WCBB. Great to see the K-State fans coming out to support their team.

GO UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike most games at Gampel...

(hadda do it)

Reaction Score
Kansas State WBB averages about 4,200 per game so the crowd should really help them......
Or hurt them. Remember not every team is used to playing in front of big crowds against a team like the Huskies. Should be entertaining !

HGN

Reaction Score
Will the Crowd help K State? So many times in the past Teams facing UConn draw huge crowds because its UConn. What has happened frequently is UConn plays their normal game and the home team is facing the pressure because of the huge crowd. After coming from the ND game, the crowd won't impact the UConn players. They'll just have to have the right attitude going into the game and there's no reason why they won't.
And let's not forget that other than the 3 freshmen , all of UConn's players have played in FF and NC games.... So they are a little use to big screaming crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom