From Dean Blevins, News9 David Boren: Louisville and Rutgers to Big 12 eventually | The Boneyard

From Dean Blevins, News9 David Boren: Louisville and Rutgers to Big 12 eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. Just wow with all the deliberate rumor-starting, mis-information spreading, and de-stabilization attempts from the Big(12), which are especially rich from the president of a school that may leave for the PAC-12 in 6 years when the media rights thing expires and Texas starts feeling the itch again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I do not believe that the Big 10 would take Louisville now or ever. They rejected Missouri, which is more attractive in every conceivable way.

Reaction Score
I must have missed the Rutgers mention...was it really in there? David Boren already lost the battle to get to 12. After the Big East is rebuilt, the likelihood of stealing Louisville is greatly diminished. I think the Big 12 needed to strike while the iron was hot and take Louisville this year. If Big East is able to stabilize this year and includes the aforementioned schools, why would Louisville leave for a conference who will continually be threatened to breakup.

Reaction Score
Not the Big 10, the original, yet now mis-named Big 12. The Texas, Oklahoma, WVU Big 12.

Reaction Score
I must have missed the Rutgers mention...was it really in there? David Boren already lost the battle to get to 12. After the Big East is rebuilt, the likelihood of stealing Louisville is greatly diminished. I think the Big 12 needed to strike while the iron was hot and take Louisville this year. If Big East is able to stabilize this year and includes the aforementioned schools, why would Louisville leave for a conference who will continually be threatened to breakup.
Louisville enlisted its entire congressional delegation to get the Big 12 this year. I think they would go anytime on a moment's notice. The only way to prevent this would be a rights ceding to the Big East. No one seems willing to do this, however. So, we destabilize ourselves. Interesting, if the AQ is eliminated for all conferences, and they just take the first 10 in the BCS for the bowls, the Big East may be a better road for schools like Louisville.

Reaction Score
Before we start throeing rocks, perhaps we should turn around and look at that glass building behind us. Does anyone here think UConn wouldn't jump at an ACC (orB10)invite? We already lifted our skirt.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
People don't show their hand if they are playing from strength. The B12 is not playing from strength. The B12 is trying to keep the BE off balance while it tries to mend it's own fences. The battle is, and has always been, between OU and Texas from the very moment A&M announced they were leaving.

And Texas is the immovable object in the conference numbers game. OU is still trying to convince Texas of its error in not going to 12. So they don't want to see the BE to finalize anything until the option of convincing Texas is over.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
People don't show their hand if they are playing from strength.

So the fact that UConn's name hasn't been mentioned for anything in months is a good thing?

Reaction Score
As for Louisville, I can see it. About Rutgers, no. The Big12 is not inviting a member that will jump immediately to move to another conference such as the Big10 or ACC.

But, the Big12 could consider Louisville and any other BE team other than UConn and Rutgers.

Regardless, this was put out there simply to stop the BE from reforming so that WV can join next year.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 requires a grant of rights as a condition of admission so that would alleviate some of the Big 12's concerns.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 requires a grant of rights as a condition of admission so that would alleviate some of the Big 12's concerns.

Runs out in 6 years from today. Say Rutgers is added in 2 or 3 years. That leaves 3 years to grant rights, not a big deal.

Reaction Score
One thing holding up B12 expansion to 12 is the new FOX TV deal they just signed. Boren said it is for 10 teams so if they invite more teams it will be more mouths to feed. Their TV deal runs for 13 years until 2025. Would B12 expand before that? Who knows but it will cost them. Only way to keep the same payout per school is to keep the conference at 10 schools.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So the fact that UConn's name hasn't been mentioned for anything in months is a good thing?
could account for your rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro