From a Student’s Perspective | The Boneyard

From a Student’s Perspective

Reaction Score
Hi guys,
I’ve only posted here once before a while ago but feel in anticipation for whats about to come the next few days Id like to share the perspective from a current student. Im a junior here at Storrs, been a die hard fan UConn Mens BBall fan my entire life and it was one leading factors in me choosing to come here. Walking around campus this morning, the buzz was palpable, the bars were crowded for the game and it was the talk of the campus again. 100% this is not how we wanted to go out, but we are undeniably back. My brother is a freshman here and it puts a smile on my face knowing hes going to get another 3 years of a competitive true UConn basketball team. This lose hurts, but big picture all I wanted in my time here as a student was a shot in the tournement...we got that!
Next year I look forward to attending the BE tourney at MSG w my Dad and friends and rooting on another tournament caliber team. Im damn proud to be a student here and damn proud of how this program has clawed out of a deep hole. We will be back. We put the country on notice and the buzz is back in Storrs. Take it easy on our guys, they are college kids after all and gave us a season to remember.

Max

Reaction Score
Hi guys,
I’ve only posted here once before a while ago but feel in anticipation for whats about to come the next few days Id like to share the perspective from a current student. Im a junior here at Storrs, been a die hard fan UConn Mens BBall fan my entire life and it was one leading factors in me choosing to come here. Walking around campus this morning, the buzz was palpable, the bars were crowded for the game and it was the talk of the campus again. 100% this is not how we wanted to go out, but we are undeniably back. My brother is a freshman here and it puts a smile on my face knowing hes going to get another 3 years of a competitive true UConn basketball team. This lose hurts, but big picture all I wanted in my time here as a student was a shot in the tournement...we got that!
Next year I look forward to attending the BE tourney at MSG w my Dad and friends and rooting on another tournament caliber team. Im damn proud to be a student here and damn proud of how this program has clawed out of a deep hole. We will be back. We put the country on notice and the buzz is back in Storrs. Take it easy on our guys, they are college kids after all and gave us a season to remember.

Max
It is to bad some of our more mature posters couldn’t have your great outlook.

Reaction Score
Hi guys,

Max
"This lose hurts, but big picture all I wanted in my time here as a student was a shot in the tournement...we got that!"

This shows how soft UConn students have become. Keep getting those A's

Reaction Score
Hi guys,

Max
Thanks for this Max. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
all I wanted in my time here as a student was a shot in the tournament...we got that!

You should want more. I went in the early 70s and we wanted league championships and advancing in the post season.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
"This lose hurts, but big picture all I wanted in my time here as a student was a shot in the tournement...we got that!"

LOL

Reaction Score
All I wanted was to shoot more 25% from the field in the 1st half of a ncaa tournament game

Reaction Score
It’s still coming. Be patient. This is what a rebuild is supposed to look like!

Reaction Score
Crowded bars? So in addition to a horrible loss, we can expect a Covid surge in the next two weeks too??? ?

Reaction Score

lmfao. No I want more. You think I don't? But we have people on here that are going to act like the worlds ending when two years ago the thought of making the tournament was considered crazy. You probably aren't going to find a kid on this campus that wants it more than me.

Reaction Score
All I wanted was to shoot more 25% from the field in the 1st half of a ncaa tournament game
Me too. You think im not upset? Wasn't the purpose of this, its just because ive seen what our fan base does after loses before.

Reaction Score
It is to bad some of our more mature posters couldn’t have your great outlook.
A story for you. In 1996 UCONN went down to Rupp Arena in Louisville to play Mississippi St in Sweet 16. We were favored. Ray Allen was on the team. They were upset. Walking out of Rupp I was devastated and ran into Big Red. I said to him not sure we would ever have a chance to ever advance to FF with Ray Allen and other gone. He said nonsense.
he was right 4 chips in a span of 15 years. Hopefully the cycle returns

Reaction Score
Me too. You think im not upset? Wasn't the purpose of this, its just because ive seen what our fan base does after loses before.
The purpose is to highlight a major reason why we lost this game. Division I athletes shooting 25 %. That should register on a level of frustration. This was mostly self-imposed. Missed fts and putbacks. I understand that players are going to miss some shots, but this was an all around no show. It is something we need to highlight and figure out going forward.

Reaction Score

This is the American Athletic Conference generation of UConn students. If you are 18-21 at UConn you barely knew the Big East days. Don't talk about the softness of the current generation of students when it was the softness of the previous that put this generation in the situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom