Friday games (Pac-12, etc.) | The Boneyard

Friday games (Pac-12, etc.)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Five Pac-12 games tonight, all aired on the Pac-12 Networks:
  • #9 Washington at #18 UCLA (8 pm Pacific). I'm headed out the door to this one. Looking forward to seeing Plum and Osahor in person. UCLA, coming off two losses to the Oregons, will surely be hungry. I just hope Jordin Canada is good to go after her head/neck injury at Oregon State.

• #11 Oregon State at Colorado (7 pm Pacific).

• Arizona leads Arizona State at halftime, 31-26. The Sun Devils always seem to have trouble in Tucson.

• USC leads Washington State at halftime, 39-25. The Trojans have a longshot chance at an at-large bid. They have some quality wins on their resume; now they just need more wins.

• Oregon just won at Utah, 73-61. The Ducks' three freshmen starters led them in scoring: Hebard with 16 points and 7 rebounds, McGwire with 15 points, and Ionescu with 11 points, 9 assists, and 6 boards.
And elsewhere, Green Bay was upset by Milwaukee. This could have big implications for NCAA bubble teams (such as Tulane), because Green Bay, now with 3 bad losses in their conference, will be less likely to take up an at-large bid if they fail to win their conference tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And elsewhere, Green Bay was upset by Milwaukee. This could have big implications for NCAA bubble teams (such as Tulane), because Green Bay, now with 3 bad losses in their conference, will be less likely to take up an at-large bid if they fail to win their conference tournament.

Green Bay has no shot at an at large.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I like Oregon St., but they have to take better care of the ball. Had at least 20 turnovers in both games last week. 11 tonight at the half (8 in the 1st quarter alone, including the first 3 possessions of the game). They're their own worst enemy. For a slower tempo kind of team that likes to grind games out, you have to value your possessions more than that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Welp.... Arizona State falls again.. I'll just call them the Sun..... they don't deserve to share the Devils moniker with Duke :cool:

Reaction Score
  1. DUCLS playing a very good fast paced but controlled first half against Washington. First half with 2 minutes left and up eleven. Plum has 18 of their 30

Plebe

Reaction Score
UCLA is up by 7 at the half, after leading by double digits late in Q2. Canada didn't start but entered midway through Q1 and hasn't left the game since. UCLA has been hitting a lot of 3s, which is something they're not known for.

Plum is playing great and has 18 points at the half. But she must have taken a knock or something, because I noticed her walking very gingerly early in Q2. Maybe someone who's watching the TV broadcast has heard the commentators say what happened or has seen the replay. Plum still didn't look herself as the half ended.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was switching back and forth between games so I didn't hear any commentary about a possible injury to Plum. She does have an uncharacteristic 4 TO's so far and 0 assists.

Can UCLA keep shooting like this? Already made more 3's in the first half than they average per game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OSU won ugly 54-49, that's what they do. Maintained the pace w/ Stanford at the top of the conference. Colorado has been playing tough, had close losses to UW and Stanford recently.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum seems to be moving fine to start the 3rd quarter. She did turn it over again right away. Don't know what's up w/ that tonight.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I was switching back and forth between games so I didn't hear any commentary about a possible injury to Plum. She does have an uncharacteristic 4 TO's so far and 0 assists.

Can UCLA keep shooting like this? Already made more 3's in the first half than they average per game.

Well I just saw Plum outrace a defender to collect a fast break pass and layup, so I guess she's fine now. UCLA came out without Canada to start the second half, but Burke picked up her 3rd foul and Canada is back in and playing great. UCLA scoring a lot in the paint now.

Osahor also picked up her 3rd but Neighbors is rolling the dice and leaving her in. It was when she left in Q2 (after her 2nd foul) that UCLA really extended its lead.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA is killing UW w/ 2nd chance points and points off TO's. Not sure how the Huskies are still kind of hanging around. Plum has 30 but 7 TO's. She's not really herself tonight. UW can't handle the Canada/Billings combo and UW isn't getting enough scoring from anyone other than Plum.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UCLA about has this wrapped up, up 11 w/ 1:19 left. UCLA w/ 5 in double figures, UW w/ 2. Plum has 35. She'll pass Griner for #2 all time scorer early in their next game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
90-79 UCLA final. Sets up the possibility of the winner of Stanford @ Oregon St. next weekend winning the conference outright. Plum finished w/ 39.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Welp.---. Arizona State falls again.. I'll just call them the Sun.------ they don't deserve to share the Devils moniker with Duke :cool:
Be nice - nice win for my Wildcats. Wife wasn't well enough for us to go to the game. I don't expect the same result Sunday when we play up north.

Plebe

Reaction Score
UCLA won, 90-79. These are the two most entertaining teams (IMO) in the Pac-12.

What a complete performance by UCLA. Canada (22 pts, 5 rbs, 4 assists) was simply brilliant — and, despite not starting in either half, showed no ill effects of her injury from last Sunday. Billings (19 pts, 8 rbs) was her usual jumping whirling dervish, so difficult to contain. But the difference for UCLA was its supporting cast. Kelli Hayes and Nicole Kornet hit shots early on, and that just seemed to open up the game for UCLA. All seven Bruins who played scored, and five finished in double figures. The only one who had a poor shooting game was Korver, but she compensated by having a career assists night (9).

I can't say enough good things about Plum, who finished with 39 points on 11-of-21 shooting (and 14-of-15 from the foul line). She did have an uncharacteristic number of turnovers (7), but UCLA's length and athleticism is known for that. Osahor had a good but not great game (somewhat inhibited by foul trouble), but the fans seated around me went wild whenever she took her signature standstill 3-point shot (2-of-3 on 3-pointers).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom