OT: Friday Flying Fun | The Boneyard

OT: Friday Flying Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This ought to make travel throughout the US a joy today.

http://news.yahoo.com/fire-control-stops-ohare-midway-flights-120948209.html

All flights in and out of Chicago's two airports were halted Friday morning because of a fire at a suburban Chicago air traffic control facility. The ground stop threatened to send delays and cancellations rippling throughout the nation's air travel network, as more than 500 flights had already been canceled in Chicago and more were expected.
The fire started in the basement of the Chicago Air Route Traffic Control Center in Aurora, about 40 miles west of downtown Chicago, city of Aurora spokesman Dan Ferrelli said in an emailed statement.
The center was evacuated because of the fire, Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Elizabeth Cory said, and management of the region's air space was transferred to other facilities. Authorities said it was unclear how long the stoppage would last.

Reaction Score
Ughhhh......I have a 7:20 flight that I'm taking to Bradley. Not going through Chicago....but these things tend to cascade into other markets. Hopefully the eastern seaboard remains relatively untouched by this.

Wish me luck.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Ughhhh.I have a 7:20 flight that I'm taking to Bradley. Not going through Chicago....but these things tend to cascade into other markets. Hopefully the eastern seaboard remains relatively untouched by this.

Wish me luck.

Best of luck!

Reaction Score
Best of luck!
Thanks!

If I'm delayed I may have to re-think tailgate.

I've got a couple pounds of Elk meat with me that are due to be burgers tomorrow.......would hate to have it spoil on me.

Reaction Score
Thanks!

If I'm delayed I may have to re-think tailgate.

I've got a couple pounds of Elk meat with me that are due to be burgers tomorrow..would hate to have it spoil on me.

Bow or muzzle???...very awesome....several years ago came back with 4 (50) qt coolers filled.

Reaction Score
Bow or muzzle???...very awesome....several years ago came back with 4 (50) qt coolers filled.
I believe muzzle. My boss took it down in Idaho and he gave me some. He's attempting to clear some room in one of his several fridges to prepare for this years hunt.

Reaction Score
Update. Slept in Baltimore airport. Flight leaves at 7:20. Exhausted....but fully expect to make the tailgate and the game. Elk is still nice and cold. Not fun. We better win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom