Freshmen could make immediate impact at UConn (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Freshmen could make immediate impact at UConn (Fuller)

Reaction Score
Freshmen could make immediate impact at UConn

>>“The first five, six, seven practices, I want to see what some of these younger guys can do and how they evolve and see if they can handle putting back-to-back practices together and with the speed and the intensity that we practice with,” Edsall said.

“When you only have (eight) scholarship seniors, we’re going to be playing some young kids. There are going to be some young kids who’ve earned that right to be on the field. Now with that new rule where freshmen can play up to four games (and still be able to reclaim the year of eligibility), we’re going to utilize that to our advantage to help us when injuries do occur but also for those guys to gain experience during the season.”<<

Reaction Score
Zavier Scott is the one I'm most excited for. Kid is a beast.

Yup, 5 deep at RB again. Something we haven't had since Edsall left. 6 deep if you count walk-on O'reilly. We have our own Iditarod team, much better than watching P run McCombs into the ground.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Hunter Webb is going to be special at LB. He's one I can't wait to see play. He may end up needing a year in the weight room, but I think he's going to have a big impact during his time here.
I like Webb too, lots of potential there. I'm not sure who holds the Uconn record for number of sacks by a freshman, but I will bet it gets broken this year. I'm very hopeful that freshman Travis Jones, Pierce DeVaughn, Kevon Jones, Webb, and transfer Ryan Fines will all have an immediate impact on defense.

Reaction Score
I think Hunter Webb is going to be special at LB. He's one I can't wait to see play. He may end up needing a year in the weight room, but I think he's going to have a big impact during his time here.

I agree, and I feel the same way about Kevon Jones.

I look forward to seeing a linebacker foursome of Beavers, Webb, Jones, and Gardner, that's a group that could be special.

Reaction Score
I've seen Webb play in person. He is undersized and absolutely will need time in the weight room to develop into an FBS Level LB. He does have a good nose for the ball so it would not surprise me to see him get some run on special teams for the allotted 4 games allowed w/o burning his RS.

Reaction Score
I've seen Webb play in person. He is undersized and absolutely will need time in the weight room to develop into an FBS Level LB. He does have a good nose for the ball so it would not surprise me to see him get some run on special teams for the allotted 4 games allowed w/o burning his RS.
This fits what my general expectations are. This year is more developmental, but I'm excited for what the future may hold once the young 'uns do develop. I'm OK with a sub-.500 record if there are signs the ship has turned around. 6-6 with a bowl and I will be so happy I won't be able to see straight.

Reaction Score
I've seen Webb play in person. He is undersized and absolutely will need time in the weight room to develop into an FBS Level LB.

He’s 6’2”, 210 lbs. I don’t know, but that doesn’t seem undersized at all being the summer before his freshman year. Ideal playing weight would be what? 225 lb? My guess is he’s 220 before the year is out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom