Freshman to watch | The Boneyard

Freshman to watch

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
The last sentence for the first recruit reads:

”… she will have one of the most anticipated and entertaining starts to a college career in recent memory.”

Ah, my recent memory. My ”recent memory” includes the freshmen years of Bueckers and Clark. Is that only considered recent for us older folk?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Among Arnold, Fulwiley, and Hidalgo, there are some very fast and spectacular PGs in the freshman class.

KCD

Reaction Score
I don't think there are 15 better freshmen in the country than Ashlyn Shade. Geno said she is the best-looking UConn freshman at this time.
I totally agree. I think that the BY is totally overlooking her. She is very quiet, but her game is very solid. She reminds me of a slightly smaller version of another UConn player from Indiana (one of my favorites) - Kelly Faris. She is incredibly athletic, tenacious, and always seems to know where the ball is going to be. She is a 3 level scorer (although her mid-range is just fantastic) and her defense is very tough. She is a very good rebounder for her height (she uses her IQ and athletic ability combined to be in the right spot). I believe that she will be getting her minutes this year as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I totally agree. I think that the BY is totally overlooking her. She is very quiet, but her game is very solid. She reminds me of a slightly smaller version of another UConn player from Indiana (one of my favorites) - Kelly Faris. She is incredibly athletic, tenacious, and always seems to know where the ball is going to be. She is a 3 level scorer (although her mid-range is just fantastic) and her defense is very tough. She is a very good rebounder for her height (she uses her IQ and athletic ability combined to be in the right spot). I believe that she will be getting her minutes this year as well.

Yeah, a shorter version of Kelly, probably with a better shot. I love her midrange jumper.

Reaction Score
I also agree with you. I have posted about Ashlynn before of her being a power forward with the moves I've seen her make to the basket,results, score or foul. What I've seen of KK was the overseas videos and she was outstanding. Alittle raw but you can see the potential.They will be great because they have their fabulous team mates behind them and that will only make them better.I believe they will be getting substantial playing time by mid-February. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reactions: KCD
Reaction Score
The last sentence for the first recruit reads:

”… she will have one of the most anticipated and entertaining starts to a college career in recent memory.”

Ah, my recent memory. My ”recent memory” includes the freshmen years of Bueckers and Clark. Is that only considered recent for us older folk?
JuJu is a taller guard and that gives her some advantages over other players at her position. She will have a chance to be a great player but to get in the same conversation as Paige and Caitlin she will have to earn it on the floor in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom