Freshman QB Zion Turner shows promising future with UConn football (Daily Campus) | The Boneyard

Freshman QB Zion Turner shows promising future with UConn football (Daily Campus)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I’ve always been confident,” said Turner. “I’ve always felt like I’m the best quarterback in the nation. I’ll always feel like that and there will never be anybody to tell me otherwise.”

smaller.jpeg

:D

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
“I’ve always been confident,” said Turner. “I’ve always felt like I’m the best quarterback in the nation. I’ll always feel like that and there will never be anybody to tell me otherwise.”

View attachment 80539
:D

Zion has five wins as starting QB. How far back do we need to go to find a QB with more than 5 wins?

Reaction Score
going back in time

"Quarterback Zion Turner of St. Thomas Aquinas High School (FL) announced his commitment to UConn on Wednesday, choosing the Huskies on an offer list that included Arkansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Pittsburgh, and Texas A&M."

"Turner previously announced that he visited Connecticut on Dec. 8 and, according to a report from Andrew Ivins of 247Sports, was attracted to the Huskies program because of new head coach Jim Mora’s prior passing endeavors with Brett Hundley at UCLA. Hundley still stands as the Bruins’ all-time leader in touchdown passes with 75 and ranks second in yardage at 9,966."

"He knows a lot of stuff that most college coaches don't. (He) and my parents had some great conversations,” Turner said of Mora in Ivins’ report. “He's a real genuine coach and I look forward to making history with him at UConn."

Reaction Score
Turner isn't turning the ball over recently. That's very good. But UConn ranks near the bottom of Division 1 in almost every passing catergory.

The QB competition will be fierce next year.

Reaction Score
Zion has relatives that live in East Hartford. That may have been a factor in his recruitment. I don't know just a guess.

Reaction Score
Turner isn't turning the ball over recently. That's very good. But UConn ranks near the bottom of Division 1 in almost every passing catergory.

The QB competition will be fierce next year.
This year, I don't care. Rushing yards, passing yards, I'll take the worm game to the victory. They can worry about passing next year when the depth comes back.

Reaction Score
Zion has relatives that live in East Hartford. That may have been a factor in his recruitment. I don't know just a guess.
I had the pleasure to meet his Mom and Dad after the Huskie walk last week. I wear a Turner jersey #11 and as I was walking from the walk Someone was calling out to me. It was the mom and dad, they wanted to know where I had purchased the jersey. We spoke for almost 10 minutes. Super nice people

Reaction Score
I had the pleasure to meet his Mom and Dad after the Husky walk last week. I wear a Turner jersey #11 and as I was walking from the walk Someone was calling out to me. It was the mom and dad, they wanted to know where I had purchased the jersey. We spoke for almost 10 minutes. Super nice people
Yes I met his father. The person I was with went to high school in East Hartford with Zion's fathers cousin. He saw his old classmate and we were introduced to Zion's father.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom