Freshman performances vs URI | The Boneyard

Freshman performances vs URI

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
How’d he look? I couldn’t watch the game, just listened on the radio. Sounded like he made a few nice PBUs. Did he get burned in coverage much? How about Robinson?

Seemed like K Jones made some good plays. I think he’ll be something special eventually.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
K. Jones played better than last week and has some talent for sure.
Robinson made a beautiful int. He likes to hit.
T. Jones is solid in the middle and takes up two blockers on my plays

The defensive backs all need help in turning while the ball is in the air and give less cushion

Reaction Score
K. Jones played better than last week and has some talent for sure.
Robinson made a beautiful int. He likes to hit.
T. Jones is solid in the middle and takes up two blockers on my plays

The defensive backs all need help in turning while the ball is in the air and give less cushion
I agree with all the above. I think Robinson is going to be good. The Joneses are going to be good. Its still too early for me to make definitive statements about anyone else after three games. I don't think anyone is a bust yet -- its just too early.

Reaction Score
You mean the entire defense? They got a good cardio workout in. Lots of running for that bunch!

Robinson and the Jones are going to be good.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Lucien has some talent as well. I would like to see more and I hope they redshirt a few freshmen but we will see

Reaction Score
One comment on the DBs. We are recruiting for a big, long tall athlete at CB. In the long term that means we will likely play a ton of press/man from the trail position to take advantage of that type of athlete.

The problem right now is that that is a very heavy technique to learn, dependent on hand-checking, strength, and scouting awareness.

These are almost exactly the weaknesses you would expect of true freshmen. So, I think that is contributing to their struggles even more than just the physical and Football IQ problems right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom