Freshman linebacker Hahn understands No. 6 not just another number at UConn (Fuller) | The Boneyard

Freshman linebacker Hahn understands No. 6 not just another number at UConn (Fuller)

Reaction Score
This kid gets it...if you read this piece by Fuller and watch his interview by @UConn07 you realize his first practice T LB was the open practice at the Rent. He has come a LONG way..and looks better each week...

Reaction Score
UConn Football, if you are listening...

When you sell our football jerseys in the future, don't put the year of the team on the jersey (i.e. 17 for this year) or the number of a star player at the time. Sell our UConn Football Jerseys with the #6 year after year and the people will come and buy in troves. I know I would.

Reaction Score
Can the whole team wear 6? I know that would probably violate some rule, but how bout a shadow number? Something in the background of the jersey design under the actual numbers.

Reaction Score
If 6 is such a big deal, why isn't the number retired or at least taken out of use? It'd not as if there are tons of retired numbers and they are running out of them.

Reaction Score
If 6 is such a big deal, why isn't the number retired or at least taken out of use? It'd not as if there are tons of retired numbers and they are running out of them.

It started w/ Jasper's close friend Kashif Moore wearing it for the Fiesta Bowl to honor him and it carried over to him wearing it the next year. It now goes to the player who best embodies Jasper's spirit and passion for the game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Do you follow the team at all? Did you read the article? What is a horse shoe? Are there any horse socks?

Reaction Score
Here's the Mike Anthony article on Eddie: UConn's Hahn Growing More Comfortable At Linebacker

>>“I've never played linebacker in my life,” said Hahn, a redshirt freshman from Port Monmouth, N.J. “When I sat down with Coach Edsall, he said you could look at it as playing linebacker or you could look at it as playing a roll-down safety. That helped me get adjusted to the process. I've loved it since.”<<

>>“You don't have any bad habits, in a sense,” said Hahn, who is listed at 6 feet 3 and 205 pounds, his main offseason goal being to gain weight. “I've never played that close to the line of scrimmage in my life. The game is quicker and you have to make more decisions faster. You've got to take on linemen and blockers. At safety, your first two steps are backwards. At linebacker, your first two steps are going forward. It's a big adjustment.”<<

>>Hahn’s move to linebacker was due in part to the Levenberry and Diggs injuries, but also in line with Edsall’s best-players-will-play approach. In getting to know the roster, Edsall set out to find the best overall players, regardless of position. He has never hesitated to ask a player to move to an area of need, or an area of opportunity, and he doesn’t value experience over ability.<<

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom