Freshman Lexi Gordon looking to be pace-maker | The Boneyard

Freshman Lexi Gordon looking to be pace-maker

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

The adjustment to college is a work in progress for the 6-foot wing. If her story sounds familiar, it is. Many freshmen here have told it over the last 33 seasons.

"When I got here, I learned quickly what was playing hard in my mind was a lot different than what playing hard in Coach's mind was," Gordon said Thursday following UConn's practice at the Werth Family Champions Center. "I've had to push myself to a different limit. I'm always trying to keep up and I want to be the best competitor that I can be."

Understatement of the year: "No one's said that playing for the Huskies and coach Geno Auriemma is easy."

"He explained something about a screen on defense and I jumped the wrong way and he yelled at me," Gordon said. "It was just a bad, bad moment. But the next time I did it right. You can't mess up twice in a row. You listen to him, take what he says, and go out and perform."

"Lexi's a really, really smart kid and very instinctive," Auriemma said. "She knows how to play. She makes shots. She has all that, but she can't keep up right now. That's going to be an issue until she can play at this pace. Or we'll have to slow down just for her and we're not going to do that."

Reaction Score
This sounds like a typical situation for most freshman. She has such a wonderful personality and will fight through the learning curve.

I really think she's going to be a wonderful piece to our near future puzzle.

I'm a huge fan and supporter

Reaction Score
Her court presence,(comportment?),is that of a really athletic person before you even see her skills of which she has plenty.If she gives her all and i know she will,i can envision a Kelly Faris with a better shot type of player.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Her court presence,(comportment?),is that of a really athletic person before you even see her skills of which she has plenty.If she gives her all and i know she will,i can envision a Kelly Faris with a better shot type of player.
Something about the number 34, perhaps?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I know Doris Burke gets some grief on this board, but I for one will miss her.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Glad to hear this. I've wondered about her athleticism. On her highlight reels I was always impressed by her willingness to stick her nose into the fray around the basket. I hope it serves her well as a 3.5 (big wing, not really big enough for a 4).

Reaction Score
Something about the number 34, perhaps?
Holy carp! After reading the title of this thread I thought someone was having problems similar to mine -- my doctor wants me to get a pacemaker. 34 is pretty close to my beats per minute.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom