Fresh Out Of Capital Prep, UConn Safety Oneil Robinson Is Standing Out In Storrs (Putterman) | The Boneyard

Fresh Out Of Capital Prep, UConn Safety Oneil Robinson Is Standing Out In Storrs (Putterman)

Reaction Score
Fresh Out Of Capital Prep, UConn Safety Oneil Robinson Is Standing Out In Storrs

>>“He’s pretty football savvy,” Edsall said. “He’s got a pretty good knack of knowing the game. That’s one of the things that collectively as a team we have to get a lot better at, but he’s above the curve when it comes to that. He has a good feel for things.”<<

>>Robinson, like just about everyone on UConn’s defense, has had his share of missed tackles this season, likely as a result of both lack of strength and imperfect technique.

The freshman said coaches have emphasized the importance of proper tackling technique, encouraging him to wrap up ball-handlers instead of simply flying at them shoulder-first. When he does that, he said, he’ll be a more complete player.

“I can hit hard, somewhat, but the fundamentals are where it’s really at,” Robinson said. “If I can wrap up and really bring power, I’ll be good.”<<

Reaction Score
Actually, our defensive backfield could become a much improved unit as time goes by, especially Fortt and Coyle. Reportedly an NFL scout at the USF game was "impressed" (?) by what he saw--who knows. Herring-Wilson, Lucien, Lazerus, Carroll also have potential to get better. Bottom line, the future may be brighter than we think. Keep the faith--and keep lifting those weights.

C

Chief00

Actually, our defensive backfield could become a much improved unit as time goes by, especially Fortt and Coyle. Reportedly an NFL scout at the USF game was "impressed" (?) by what he saw--who knows. Herring-Wilson, Lucien, Lazerus, Carroll also have potential to get better. Bottom line, the future may be brighter than we think. Keep the faith--and keep lifting those weights.

What got the attention of Chief00’s trained eye and I assume the scouts was Coyle running down a couple of very fast guys from behind. He displayed impressive speed.

Reaction Score
The defense is an unmitigated disaster, but coyle gives me hope. He has nfl skills, just needs to play under control. His speed is evident on the field, he just needs to gain that consistency, and I really think he will.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure OR3 leads the team with 2 picks. What’s the career record? I’d have to think Blidi or Gratz has it.

Reaction Score
Robinson and Fortt should start at safety and Coyle should be a shutdown corner like Byron Jones. Jones moved from safety to cb as a jr, Coyle should do the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom