Free Throws | The Boneyard

Free Throws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Choke job. Missed foul shots and Geno's insistence on call TOs when his team had ball in transition. Result? Killed momentum, no shot, turnover, zero points. Pissed the game away.

Reaction Score
UConn has no inside game ( see men's team). And little ability to do anything other than hoist up the threes and hope for the best.

U

UCONNfan1

ND had more mental toughness when it mattered, better coaching decisions, and deserved the win. They are just the better team this year. UCONN is physically tough, but mentally soft. The could use a little of what Ollie has been feeding the guys.

Reaction Score
Free throws and turnovers. They had the chance to ice multiple times and couldn't close out, which has been the story of this team for two years.

Reaction Score
Geno's been pretty stubborn this year. How awful was Dolson tonight? The team wouldn't have been better with Stokes or Buck getting 10 minutes? Dolson looks tired half the game - not getting to loose balls, picking up stupid fouls, not getting up and down the court.

Reaction Score
Geno's been pretty stubborn this year. How awful was Dolson tonight? The team wouldn't have been better with Stokes or Buck getting 10 minutes? Dolson looks tired half the game - not getting to loose balls, picking up stupid fouls, not getting up and down the court.

Tonight? She has been out of shape most of her career. Run!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I believe that free throws cost them the game. They know it. Geno knows it.

ND is a physical chippy team and made life difficult for UConn, and still they lead most of the game. Had we made those Fts in even the first overtime we would have walked away (or run away shouting from the rooftops) with the win, and everyone would be pointing out all the positives.

We lost, and the blame game is on. SMH

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It has cost the game.

I don't ever recall seeing one of Geno's teams have that hard a time at the line ever.
It hurts no doubt about it. I'm sure those poor girls are going to be seeing the ball clanging off the rim in their nightmares tonight.

Reaction Score

Buck, are you serious?

Reaction Score
Agreed. She lost weight, but has no physical definition. She still is what I consider soft and slow footed. Maybe once she'll quit smiling and laughing during a game and get that Tina Charles attitude. Laugh and smile all you want after the game, but try to beat the crap out of your opponent during the game, then go out and have a few laughs and giggles. This has bothered me for a few years now. I don't care who the opponent is, she's got to quit this on court behavior. I really don't see how this helps her team. This is not leading by example.

Reaction Score
Agreed. She lost weight, but has no physical definition. She still is what I consider soft and slow footed. Maybe once she'll quit smiling and laughing during a game and get that Tina Charles attitude. Laugh and smile all you want after the game, but try to beat the crap out of your opponent during the game, then go out and have a few laughs and giggles. This has bothered me for a few years now. I don't care who the opponent is, she's got to quit this on court behavior. I really don't see how this helps her team. This is not leading by example.

Even if you're in great shape, 40 minutes a game is tough.

Reaction Score
Unless she is injured I can't think of a single reason Stokes can't play a couple mins EARLY in the game to keep Dolson fresh for the stretch.

There are times where I wonder if the UConn coaching staff ever thinks about the possiblity this game could go down to the wire or go into extra frame. You need to keep the players fresh and out of foul trouble. How can Stokes performance in practice be bad enough to risk having Dolson foul out and not be available to you for overtime?

Reaction Score
Sure. 33 minutes of Dolson and 7 minutes of Buck (or Stokes) is better than 40 minutes of Dolson.

After 5 years in the program , if you think Heathers' on court performance warrents playing time in the BIG games then you have not been watching very closely. Stokes I can agree on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom