Free-falling Georgia and the SEC selections | The Boneyard

Free-falling Georgia and the SEC selections

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
With it's 7th loss in a row today, Georgia has to falling out of even Creme's optimistic stance on the Bulldogs. He had them at a #9 seed in his last posting, but at 5-9 in the SEC, a selection now seems dubious. Arkansas on the other hand has looked decent in the last weeks and seems to be locking up a seventh spot for the SEC behind USCar, UTenn, Miss St., KY, Texas A&M, and LSU, which got a second life in SEC play to compensate for a bad OOC record.

So can the SEC get the 8 teams into the Tourney that they usually feel entitled to? Only Vanderbilt has the ratings to be even close to consideration, but with a 14-12 record and a loss at home today to Mizzoo, the Commodores chances do not look great. Looking more and more like just 7 for the SEC. Giant sniff. But the chances for breaking the FF-less streak look a little better.

Reaction Score
Yeah, they managed only 26 point in their loss to Auburn . . . . Auburn . . . . jeez!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Georgia got beat by the bottom of the SEC today, Auburn. However the most striking thing is they only scored 26 points.

Total.

Not in a half.

15 in first half and 11 in the second

And let's add a final piece, 27 turnovers.

So that's 26 points and 27 t/o......

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Georgia got beat by the bottom of the SEC today, Auburn. However the most striking thing is they only scored 26 points.

Total.

Not in a half.

So that's 26 points and 27 t/o.
Yow, we know about assist to turnover ratio, and that you aren't very good at taking care of the ball if you are at less than 1.0. But I hope it doesn't get to the point that someone starts listing a point to turnover ratio for teams like Georgia with the same Mason Dixon line.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Only six SEC teams seem like a lock for the tourney: SC, TN, Miss. St., Tex A&M, LSU and Kentucky. Seventh team – or possible eighth team – could be Ark, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Ga, or Vandy. Still some key conference games to play and the SEC tourney. Arkansas and Mizzou seem to be on a bit of an upswing, while Ga, Vandy and Ole Miss seem to be headed in the opposite direction. It will probably come down to who wins a game or two in the SEC Tourney. I believe it’s been a while since Ga and Vandy both failed to make the NCAA Tourney, but this looks like the year they’ll both be left out.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Arkansas is still a bit of a question mark because it's last two games are hosting UK and at Mizzoo. Those could reasonably be 2 wins, 2 losses, or a split. Two losses would put them at a 6-10 SEC record that would be pushing new boundaries for committee selections, but after last year all I can say is that anything is possible for what the committee will cook up for a reason to include an SEC team.

Reaction Score
I won't be disappointed at all if Vanderbilt does not make the NCAA tournament. Karma is a bitch, Balcomb.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I won't be disappointed at all if Vanderbilt does not make the NCAA tournament. Karma is a bitch, Balcomb.
Yep, and all time classic Bball tune for Vandy.

"Here she comes now sayin Mony Mony
Shoot 'em down, turn around, come on Mony"

"Turn it in
You gotta toss and turn and feel all right
Yeah, I feel all right"

Does feel like a beatdown of Vandy for the Mo'ne moaning. And as Billy would sing:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
It's time for Georgia to nudge Andy "Brylcream" Landers into retirement, but they won't. The Dawgs only draw fans and care about one sport - football.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
It's time for Georgia to nudge Andy "Brylcream" Landers into retirement, but they won't. The Dawgs only draw fans and care about one sport - football.
There have been a lot of questions about Andy for years, but from 2009-10 through 2012-13 his teams were at least able to average 24.5 wins a season. Then last year they started off 11-0 against a poor OOC slate and signed off at 20-12. This year after starting 12-0 against generally poor competition except for a Michigan State team that probably shouldn't have been ranked, the Bulldogs are now at 17-10, and getting to 20 wins seems problematic. But if they finish out through the SECT at 0-10 and get sent to the WNIT, they at least may have a chance to get 3 more wins there, or not.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Total.

Not in a half.

So that's 26 points and 27 t/o.
Gotta take the Uggy award.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As I written before Georgia is losing all the Recruiting Battles for the Elite Georgia HS Players. Its time the AD wakes up like Ohio State did with Foster and replace him with a young dynamic coach. Got to find a coach who can win the In-State Recruiting battles.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
The SEC's "bubble" team last year -- LSU at 6 and 9 in the conference -- had a nice run to the Regional semi's, so that should help the SEC get at least a seventh team in. Ole Miss win against Kentucky last night helps their cause. Top-to-bottom, the SEC is the deepest conference in WCBB as a count of their Sweet 16 teams over the past decade reveals. But they still may be lacking a Top Four team. They haven't been in a Final Four since 2011 (Georgia actually is the team that has come the closest the last four years!) and I think their chances this year are no better than 50-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom