Franklin to Penn State | The Boneyard

Franklin to Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
CBS article here:

jamesfranklinsurfing.jpg

James Franklin surfing into Penn State's Beaver Stadium on grilled sticky buns, carrying the Nittany Lion on his ample, inspirational shoulders:

via zoowithroy.com

Last edited:
Reaction Score
huskymedic said:
CBS article here:

James Franklin surfing into Penn State's Beaver Stadium on grilled sticky buns, carrying the Nittany Lion on his ample, inspirational shoulders:

via zoowithroy.com

Wow zoo with Roy is really still in existence? I remember when they came out and simply posted about wanting to go to the zoo with Roy Halladay after the phils signed him. When Doc saved that fisherman from the anaconda they must have went bazurk.

Reaction Score
Me three. That dude is going to kick ass in that conference. Once the sanctions are through, people better get ready. His coaching and charisma at that school? Plus he is PA guy I heard? Grand Slam.

Reaction Score
Vanderbilt students must be devastated! He gave them a reason to be proud in the SEC.

Good for Franklin! He deserves this.......what an unpredictable and exciting coach!

Reaction Score
For now?

coachingsearch4:26pm via Web
Vandy AD David Williams just now: "James called me today and said I want you to know what you are hearing is untrue."

JFowlerCBS4:32pm via Web
#Vandy AD: 'I don't have a short list. I have a coach.' Not entertaining new HC unless Franklin says he's leaving cbssports.com/collegefootbal…

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For now?

coachingsearch4:26pm via Web
Vandy AD David Williams just now: "James called me today and said I want you to know what you are hearing is untrue."

JFowlerCBS4:32pm via Web
#Vandy AD: 'I don't have a short list. I have a coach.' Not entertaining new HC unless Franklin says he's leaving cbssports.com/collegefootbal…

sportsartBY5:13pm via Boneyard
#Vandy AD: There is no truth to the rumor that Bobby Petrino called and asked about the HC position. Oh wait..."Hi Bobby"

Reaction Score
Recruits already swinging in the wind. How these reports snowball!

Reaction Score
Was listening to Sirius-XM this morning. A reporter from CBS stated that the Vandy Rivals site had this: Franklin had stipulated that he needed an indoor practice facility to be competitive in the SEC. Vandy officials are insisting that PSU will be on the hook for $35 Million as part of Franklin's buyout if they want him badly enough.

Reaction Score
Was listening to Sirius-XM this morning. A reporter from CBS stated that the Vandy Rivals site had this: Franklin had stipulated that he needed an indoor practice facility to be competitive in the SEC. Vandy officials are insisting that PSU will be on the hook for $35 Million as part of Franklin's buyout if they want him badly enough.
Yeah right...not unless they wrote it into his contract...I will guarantee you that since he had a buyout his agent made his contract available to PSU lawyers so they could look at his buyout clause.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
PSU and Washington are the big winners (other than us, of course) in the Coaching Carousel. Both programs had their coach walk out on them and ended up with a better coach.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
PSU and Washington are the big winners (other than us, of course) in the Coaching Carousel. Both programs had their coach walk out on them and ended up with a better coach.

I agree. Penn St is going to come roaring back and Washington is going to win big.

Reaction Score
I think Franklin can be a star, but I would rather have Strong. Both schools won in this round of the Coaching Lottery

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I love this hire by PSU and it's great to finally see Franklin getting the football recognition he deserves.

Franklin-peanuts-239728_285_280.gif

I don't want to politicize this thread but an African American head coach at both Texas and Penn State is pretty fuc^ing amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom