Francesa Gives UConn Props.... | The Boneyard

Francesa Gives UConn Props....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes I know he is a like him or hate him blow hard....But he has 50,000 watts and NYC market & beyond.
Tuned in this afternoon for a short ride home, it was nice to hear him mention UConn football in a good light.

Did not get the callers name or town as the conversation was already started. Topic Tom Coughlin as most were today. Caller was saying how Tom might do well to finish up at a college level to which Mike agreed with both giving their reasons. Caller said he has a son playing for a low level D-1 team, to which Mike quickly asked which one? Reply was UConn to which Mike responded, that is not small time football. UConn is big time football, you have to be good to play for UConn.
Sad to hear the comment from dad, Glad to hear the response from Mike. It was a nice bump from a major market.

Reaction Score
Yes I know he is a like him or hate him blow hard....But he has 50,000 watts and NYC market & beyond.
Tuned in this afternoon for a short ride home, it was nice to hear him mention UConn football in a good light.

Did not get the callers name or town as the conversation was already started. Topic Tom Coughlin as most were today. Caller was saying how Tom might do well to finish up at a college level to which Mike agreed with both giving their reasons. Caller said he has a son playing for a low level D-1 team, to which Mike quickly asked which one? Reply was UConn to which Mike responded, that is not small time football. UConn is big time football, you have to be good to play for UConn.
Sad to hear the comment from dad, Glad to hear the response from Mike. It was a nice bump from a major market.
Woof if you remember what time you heard the caller on Mike's show you should be able to find it here (Link to Podcast of entire show):
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/wfan-audio/

Reaction Score
images

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I heard it too. It was in the 6:00 O'Clock hour when I heard it.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Lol. Let's find out which, if true - that would be exciting banter

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Good thing the kid didn't play for Rutgers. Francesa always rags on Rutgers and I love it!
(although I dislike Francesa tremendously).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom