Foxx is a quarterback | The Boneyard

Foxx is a quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Foxx is to a quarterback what Diaco is to an FBS head coach.

This is a total, complete and absolute joke.

I got for saying they hadn't hit rock bottom 3 weeks ago. You have seen nothing yet. This is going to devolve from here.

Reaction Score

I got for saying they hadn't hit rock bottom 3 weeks ago. You have seen nothing yet. This is going to devolve from here.

Enough man. This isn't doing anyone any good. Foxx is probably just as good as half the guys we've trotted out in the last 10 years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Take a cold shower and and call us in the morning.

Please tell me how making Foxx a quarterback helps the program in the long term. Maybe ask Geno to answer for you.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Enough man. This isn't doing anyone any good. Foxx is probably just as good as half the guys we've trotted out in the last 10 years.

You know what doesn't do anyone any good? Making Foxx a quarterback.

I think that has more impact than what I say.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

This is my favorite part of the boneyard. Posters crowing that they predicted failure. Here's a cookie.

images

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is my favorite part of the boneyard. Posters crowing that they predicted failure. Here's a cookie.

images

Predicted a failure? I supported the hire and talked him up. I never once predicted he'd fail.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
You know what doesn't do anyone any good? Making Foxx a quarterback.

I think that has more impact than what I say.

Depends on the longer-term development plan, doesn't it? If Diaco wants to work towards Shireff and read-option / dual threat it actually would make some sense. Not for the development of Foxx or Whitmer obviously but for the line. I'm not saying that it's the right move at all but at least we tried something different.

Also, none of us has any idea as to whether there was a health issue with Boyle or not.

Reaction Score
Depends on the longer-term development plan, doesn't it? If Diaco wants to work towards Shireff and read-option / dual threat it actually would make some sense. Not for the development of Foxx or Whitmer obviously but for the line. I'm not saying that it's the right move at all but at least we tried something different.

Also, none of us has any idea as to whether there was a health issue with Boyle or not.

If there's a health issue with Boyle and they put him out there yesterday behind that OL that is a firable offense.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm actually pretty happy there is a big break between now and the next home game.

I guess I'll go to the Army game since I can just take a subway there, but man, this whole program is a disaster.

I know it's dumb and will never happen for multiple reasons, but days like yesterday make me wish we could just drop football and play basketball in the big east.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well then why did he wait until mid-season? This isn't a panic move?

If Boyle has a health issue why did he play yesterday?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The irony of a bunch of basketball posters defending Diaco in this thread is not lost on me.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I believe that the wait was due to a) having Cochrane for the start of the season, b) not knowing with any certainty how inept the offense would be until after the season began and not having a bye week until now where the opportunity to work something else into the offense existed.

We are making far too much of this move.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
If there's a health issue with Boyle and they put him out there yesterday behind that OL that is a firable offense.

I meant after his last series and prior to Foxx coming in.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

It's risk mitigation. I haven't heard anything definitive on any head issues for Boyle this year so I think the risk is just that he gets hit hard too many times if he takes 100% of the snaps. Since they already burned the redshirt you want to get him some experience this year, but you pick and choose situations to reduce the risk percentage.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Firstly, maybe I missed something but I don't think anyone in the administration has named Foxx the QB for the rest of the season, have they?

Secondly, I was referring to Boyle post-INT. He took some hits - I don't know if that had anything to do with Foxx coming in for the last series or not.

As for why wait until mid-season? Perhaps this team (and specifically the O Line) isn't as good as he was hoping it would be by this point so he's had to adjust his game plan?

For the record, now that it seems blindingly obvious that we aren't getting to a bowl this year, I'd like to see what Boyle can do for the rest of the season. Keep Whitmer as the backup as it seems inevitably that the starting QB will get hurt playing behind this line and go from there. Maybe he gave Foxx some reps in game time just to make sure the package could be executed against a live defense? As usual, the BY reads way too much into things...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I guess I'll go to the Army game since I can just take a subway there, but man, this whole program is a disaster.

I know it's dumb and will never happen for multiple reasons, but days like yesterday make me wish we could just drop football and play basketball in the big east.
Don't drop football, go independent. We're basically an independent now - playing in a non-BCS conference trickling around in limbo trying to latch onto a decent P5 conference. The only thing that is keeping us in the AAC is revenue and TV deals.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Don't drop football, go independent. We're basically an independent now - playing in a non-BCS conference trickling around in limbo trying to latch onto a decent P5 conference. The only thing that is keeping us in the AAC is revenue and TV deals.

The thing holding us back is scheduling and bowl tie-ins.

It's pointless to even speculate about it but I'd kill to see Nova, GTown, PC, SH, StJ on our schedule x2 every season.

We're in the AAC and will be forever at this rate. Not much more to say than that.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
What I love about a mindless topic like this is that it's mindless. The coach took over a screwed up program. He's a first year HC and I'm sure is going through his own learning curve. His #1 QB, who led the team to victory the last 3 games last year is gone forever (please note those 3 teams were at least as creppy as us.

His offensive line is awful, he basically has zero of his own recruits, his 2nd best WR transferred. He can throw Boyle out there to get his neck broken, too, or he can use other tools that might be available to help counter the weakness of th O line while avoiding another big injury to a young QB - he still might play him. Knute freakin Rockne or Bear Bryant might struggle under these curcumstances as pea green HCs.

Fans got totally unrealistic about UConn football when Dan O fell into our laps. We were decent much faster than we had a right to expect and after he left, we were generally around .500. PP was a horrible hire and we are still suffering from it. It could well be a few years before we move noticeably forward. Do I love it? No. I pay a lot for excellent seats. But I try not to construct a false premise to judge the new coach by.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What I love about a mindless topic like this is that it's mindless. The coach took over a screwed up program. He's a first year HC and I'm sure is going through his own learning curve. His #1 QB, who led the team to victory the last 3 games last year is gone forever (please note those 3 teams were at least as creppy as us.

His offensive line is awful, he basically has zero of his own recruits, his 2nd best WR transferred. He can throw Boyle out there to get his neck broken, too, or he can use other tools that might be available to help counter the weakness of th O line while avoiding another big injury to a young QB - he still might play him. Knute freakin Rockne or Bear Bryant might struggle under these curcumstances as pea green HCs.

Fans got totally unrealistic about UConn football when Dan O fell into our laps. We were decent much faster than we had a right to expect and after he left, we were generally around .500. PP was a horrible hire and we are still suffering from it. It could well be a few years before we move noticeably forward. Do I love it? No. I pay a lot for excellent seats. But I try not to construct a false premise to judge the new coach by.

So judging the coach on the decisions he makes is a false
premise.

That's an interesting conclusion.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UConn fans are unrealistic because we want 1 single competent QB in a decade plus?

Aside from the beginning of 2007 with TL and the end of 2010 with ZF we've had the worst QB play of college football.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The thing holding us back is scheduling and bowl tie-ins.

It's pointless to even speculate about it but I'd kill to see Nova, GTown, PC, SH, StJ on our schedule x2 every season.

We're in the AAC and will be forever at this rate. Not much more to say than that.
I'd rather play GTown, Nova, PC, SH, and St John's than Tulane, SMU, McNeese State, South Alabama University Community College, and D2 level basketball programs.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'd rather play GTown, Nova, PC, SH, and St John's than Tulane, SMU, McNeese State, South Alabama University Community College, and D2 level basketball programs.

Is anybody arguing that?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn fans are unrealistic because we want 1 single competent QB in a decade plus?

Aside from the beginning of 2007 with TL and the end of 2010 with ZF we've had the worst QB play of college football.

I just want the coach who is rebuilding to not play a senior
wide reciever at quarterback.

I know that keeping within 4 touchdowns of Temple at home is a tall order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom