FOXCollegeFootball's Official Twitter Page | The Boneyard

FOXCollegeFootball's Official Twitter Page

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The new crib looks awesome.
FOX welcoming us to our new crib feels awesome.

Being hopeful about the unknown somehow feels better than feeling depressed about the known. Let's hope the unknown goes in the right direction...

Reaction Score
Kinda hard to believe that our state of the art facilities will simply go to waste.. I'm of a half glass full mindset with Edsall in place as HC... We're circling the wagons and we're gonna come out of this shocking and shutting up plenty of naysayers.. I'm calling it now.... It may be ugly (might be the way we did it before kinda.. might be boring, but, hell, a win's a win... you play to win the game.. every inch, every yard, every minute, every second on the clock counts, Field position.. special teams, FGs as game winners.. it all counts folks)....

Reaction Score
Sports are entertainment. I think Fox should do a "Hard Knocks" type of show following Uconn football during training camp and in the season. The worst FSB team in the country claws its way back to respectability. They should do it for this season while we are still in the AAC. It would endear the brand to America. There isn't a parent out there who would not at least respect Randy if they saw how he operates. He is great about the academics and getting kids to walk the walk. This would build an audience for when Fox takes over our games. It would give them leverage in scheduling better teams that want to be part of the "show".

I know I'm grasping here, but its either gloom and doom or try something new. I was someone who thought moving the rock cats from New Britain to Hartford would never work, but they embraced the entertainment value and created a fantastic experience.

Reaction Score
Sports are entertainment. I think Fox should do a "Hard Knocks" type of show following Uconn football during training camp and in the season. The worst FSB team in the country claws its way back to respectability. They should do it for this season while we are still in the AAC. It would endear the brand to America. There isn't a parent out there who would not at least respect Randy if they saw how he operates. He is great about the academics and getting kids to walk the walk. This would build an audience for when Fox takes over our games. It would give them leverage in scheduling better teams that want to be part of the "show".

I know I'm grasping here, but its either gloom and doom or try something new. I was someone who thought moving the rock cats from New Britain to Hartford would never work, but they embraced the entertainment value and created a fantastic experience.

Great idea but I think the AAC's current contract would prevent Fox from doing that this season. It would still be great if they did something like that for UConn's first season back as an FBS independent.

Reaction Score
It is unlikely Fox sports would do a promo on UConn football facilities just because of possible affiliation with Big East for basketball. I wonder if it is a UConn sports channel for New York and CT.

Reaction Score
Guys. I worked closely with “social teams” in my career. This was just one low level employee looking for content that can found on social listening devices. It was trending.

So they tweeted it. This is a big reach. Lol.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

That sounds like something Randy would love.

I can’t wait to watch him wait in line at DD for his iced coffee.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Guys. I worked closely with “social teams” in my career. This was just one low level employee looking for content that can found on social listening devices. It was trending.

It obviously doesn’t mean anything for football but it’s clearly a double meaning.

Reaction Score
Actual reaction
01E70DD8-62E6-4624-A583-D50120FF29F2.gif

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score

Of course John... we're just having some fun man.

But do even low-level social media teams tweet out stuff about schools that aren't even their properties? I haven't checked their feed.

There's certainly a double entendre there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom