Fox | The Boneyard

Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I guess soccer has too much momentum in the US. So bring in Fox to try and kill it?

Their production and broadcast is an abomination.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sitting on the definitive replay of the bogus offsides call for 20 minutes was impressive.

You'd think the lights were off in the stadium watching this.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Can't wait for them to broadcast the World Cup in 2018! :oops:

It's funny you posted this Whaler because I had the exact same thought on how terrible their coverage was while watching the Women's World Cup and tonight's game. They need to poach all those ESPN announcers or British announcers. Their current crew is awful.

Reaction Score
At least they are willing to cover our teams, ESPN would rather cover team mexico.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They were awful on the WWC. They were somehow worse tonight.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They need to poach all those ESPN announcers or British announcers.

Fox can't even poach talent correctly. The only person they nabbed to date was the execrable Lalas.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Fox can't even poach talent correctly. The only person they nabbed to date was the execrable Lalas.
Yeah I noticed that. He's terrible. Fox better get their crap together for 2018 or else I might be watching the WC on Mute! Do they own the rights beyond 2018? I hope not.

Reaction Score

I like Wynalda, Rob Stone and John Strong. Also Stu Holden isn't bad. Lalas is infuriating. I don't get Dr. Joe. They can't find another ex official? Overall the whole package for the Gold Cup is lacking.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I like Wynalda, Rob Stone and John Strong. Also Stu Holden isn't bad. Lalas is infuriating. I don't get Dr. Joe. They can't find another ex official? Overall the whole package for the Gold Cup is lacking.
Add in that FS2 is nor offered in HD on many cable packages so that could be brutal for watching other games if that doesn't change.

I do like the studio team minus Lalas. It's the game announcers that are pretty terrible.

Reaction Score
I may learn Spanish over the next 3 years just so I can listen to the Spanish broadcast (probably no better, but at least there is no Lalas)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The video is so bad for the first game tonight it's like my television is broken. Is it pitch dark in KC and they didn't turn the lights on?

And if I was ever going to buy a Chevy that went out the window.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Fox has the Bundesliga this season.
Yeah it will be interesting to see who they bring in for that. Will it be a similar studio to what they had for the Prem league? I doubt it seeing how they have no Bundesliga experience. It'll be interesting. I've never seen a Fox broadcast I've liked for soccer....their Prem coverage used British commentators from Sky Sports I believe, similar to what NBC uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom