Fowles named WNBA MVP | The Boneyard

Fowles named WNBA MVP

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It hurt as a Sky fan when she left Chicago in a lopsided trade, but she clearly made the right career choice.

She has flourished with Minnesota. Good for her. She put in many years of fruitless good service with the Sky. She deserves her current success. I've heard nothing but good things about her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It hurt as a Sky fan when she left Chicago in a lopsided trade, but she clearly made the right career choice.

She has flourished with Minnesota. Good for her. She put in many years of fruitless good service with the Sky. She deserves her current success. I've heard nothing but good things about her.
She also improved her game. Whether Cheryl pushed her, Maya set an example, or whatever, Syl is playing better than ever.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The vote was not close. Sylvia received 35 of 40 first place votes. Tina finished 2nd with 3 first place votes while Parker received the other 2.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Syl and to Tina for having great seasons and going 1-2 in the voting. It's funny that back a few years, people were questioning Syl's selection to the Olympic team as she was having sub-par stats, especially her 2nd season at Minny (under 14 PPG). Just goes to show you that great, or not so great, WNBA stats are not a predictor or guarantor for the US National team!

Reaction Score
I'm so happy for her. I teared up during her speech. She had a great season and truly deserved this award.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Agreed! Who is having a better year than BIG Syl? :rolleyes: Like it or not, she has become the prototype for post players in the W. It's this reporter's humble opinion that based on Fowles' numbers this season (18.9 ppg - 10.4 rpg - 1.9 blocks pg) - starting all 34 games, could/would start for any of the other 11 teams in the league. What coach in the league would not welcome and start a post player that is as dominant, averages those numbers nightly, in addition to the other things she does that do not show up in the box score?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Count me among those who didn't feel she should have been selected over Parker for the 16 national team, but no player in the league had a better year and this honor was earned and deserved for Sylvia.

Finals have the two best teams in the league again. Should be a great series. Syl and Maya are still in their primes, but Whalen, Augustus and Brunson have a lot of years in them and this could be the last great window for the Lynx. Sparks have shown that Toliver is missed, but Sims, Gray and Beard have all found their groove.

Reaction Score
As long as the goat maya is on the team they will always be playing for a championship! So i wouldn't say this is the lynx's last chance!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom