Four New Big East teams ranked in top 25 Sagarin poll; only 2 ACC Teams | The Boneyard

Four New Big East teams ranked in top 25 Sagarin poll; only 2 ACC Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Latest Sagarin poll:

Boise State - 5
West Virginia - 14
Houston - 21
SMU - 25

Clemson - 9
Virginia Tech - 16

This can't be going over well in Bristol or North Carolina.

Reaction Score
It's now saying in the ESPN ticker...
Sagarin uses dart boards to determine rankings. The ACC is as strong as ever.

Reaction Score
Latest Sagarin poll:

Boise State - 5
West Virginia - 14
Houston - 21
SMU - 25

Clemson - 9
Virginia Tech - 16

This can't be going over well in Bristol or North Carolina.

I think Houston and SMU are going to be great pick ups for BE football and they are pretty much a lock. I think the New BE will definitely be a better football conference on the field and in the polls than the New ACC which will mean our BCS bid should be fine unless the ACC's is getting stripped as well.

Boise State doesn't even necessarily have to come. For football purposes I'd like to see it happen but Houston and SMU will be able to be integrated as full members and will be integral members moving forward much the same way as Louisville, Cinci, and USF have proven to be. I'm pretty comfortable knowing that UCF, SMU, and Houston are pretty much gauranteed to be coming. I think you can build from there with a few different scenarios to get to 12 and be in good shape. I'm definitely rooting for Houston and/or SMU to get to some good bowls this year. Houston has a real shot at running the table.

Reaction Score
Add Cincy and Rutgers in Others receiving votes. That's 6 out of 35...not too bad

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
We better hurry up and jump to the ACC.

What is your agenda?

I hate the ACC and I always have, but with Cuse and Pitt gone, any idea of staying (if we have a choice) is absurd.

While Big East may have some years where we're better in some computer polls, the sustainability of that is very questionable.

You may want to travel all over the country for up and comers, but I think the rest of us would rather play traditional and geographic rivals in a stable conference that still has great hoops.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Boise State doesn't even necessarily have to come.

While I agree the quality of football could increase even without Boise, the BCS calculations include the final ranking of your top team and Boise gives us a better shot at having a top 10 team every year.

Reaction Score
While I agree the quality of football could increase even without Boise, the BCS calculations include the final ranking of your top team and Boise gives us a better shot at having a top 10 team every year.

Definitely, adding Boise would probably make it impossible to remove our bid.

Reaction Score
What is your agenda?

I hate the ACC and I always have, but with Cuse and Pitt gone, any idea of staying (if we have a choice) is absurd.

While Big East may have some years where we're better in some computer polls, the sustainability of that is very questionable.

You may want to travel all over the country for up and comers, but I think the rest of us would rather play traditional and geographic rivals in a stable conference that still has great hoops.

If the BE can somehow get a better TV deal than the ACC I think I would prefer to stay in the BE at least until the ACC's TV deal is up. I don't know how likely that is but that would be a large part of what I base my preference on.

If we are going to get anything close to $20m a year in the New Big East I think we should stay because the ACC isn't going to have a chance to get that for the next decade due to their contract with ESPN. Money could make this thing stable.

I'm on the fence about the whole Boise St. thing. I think adding ECU in their place would be more stable but it's a real downgrade for football so Boise has to not be interested for something like that to become feasible. I don't really like football only members but would accept it from the service academies and Boise St. even though Boise is a really awkward fit.

Reaction Score

That's true, which is why if Boise wants to come they will definitely be invited.

Reaction Score
What is your agenda?

My agenda is to improve in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds