Foul up 3 | The Boneyard

Foul up 3

Reaction Score
The way they were shooting the 3 ball tonight you just knew they'd hit one given the opportunity to force OT. I guess it's too much to ask Ollie & co to try something bold and daring. Quite honestly wanted to pull my hair out. Ugh - such a deflating loss. We really only have three scorers on the entire team. We need matthews and akinjo on campus. dudes who can just get buckets.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The way they were shooting the 3 ball tonight you just knew they'd hit one given the opportunity to force OT. I guess it's too much to ask Ollie & co to try something bold and daring. Quite honestly wanted to pull my hair out. Ugh - such a deflating loss. We really only have three scorers on the entire team. We need matthews and akinjo on campus. dudes who can just get buckets.
+1

Reaction Score
Not with 11 seconds left. That's only something you consider if the other team is in bounding the ball with under 5 seconds left.

Reaction Score
Like Ollie says often we let guys who typically aren’t good go off on us and tonight was some guy who avg 7 a game go for 30 .. just unacceptable as a player on the team. They make defense seem like a bioengineering class at Stanford university

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Had the same thought myself.

However, they let the kid get too close to the 3 point line. Then you run the risk of a shooting foul or worse a 4 point play.

Reaction Score
How many seconds were on the shot clock when Jalen scored with 11 left?

Reaction Score
The way they were shooting the 3, you give the foul in that situation. You give with anything under 10 seconds left. And if you do, you get your first win in Tulsa.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Or the refs could have called the 4 step travel the dude who passed him the ball took. With this scenario you’ll always second guess either one if it doesn’t work. I know Calhoun was strictly against it but his teams also played defense

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Like Ollie says often we let guys who typically aren’t good go off on us and tonight was some guy who avg 7 a game go for 30 .. just unacceptable as a player on the team. They make defense seem like a bioengineering class at Stanford university
What was unacceptable. He was unconscious. We had two on him...in his face. From this game on, you won't see him come close to his stats tonight the rest of year. Our boys need some tweaking, no doubt, but they have been hammered by the three all year. Even WS. The rest of the stats were close. That soft pass to adams under the hoop with two defenders on him was not to smart by Anderson. I wonder if we had a timeout left.

Reaction Score
What was unacceptable. He was unconscious. We had two on him...in his face. From this game on, you won't see him come close to his stats tonight the rest of year. Our boys need some tweaking, no doubt, but they have been hammered by the three all year. Even WS. The rest of the stats were close. That soft pass to adams under the hoop with two defenders on him was not to smart by Anderson. I wonder if we had a timeout left.
Yea dude hit the shot to tie it up , he was hitting them all game and the other crucial play was when we were up 4 and let him hit another 3 off screen that Larrier didn’t switch or hedge out smh... these kids dont have the proper IQ needed at this level , up 4 no 3’s let them make tough 2’s so we get ball back get fouled head to line to close it out with secs on the clock

Reaction Score
The question of fouling when up three at the end has had advocates on both sides. I would have fouled.
The more egregious blunder occurred with us up by 1 with 6 seconds left. The inbounds play to Adams while he was surrounded at the baseline was insane. We had a time out left. Ollie drew up a horrible play. It’s time for him to go.

Reaction Score
Agree with everything, with that being said, kid just made a crazy shot, that was good defense.

I don't know if it was good defense, the way he was shooting I think Adams gave him too much space. His only option was a 3, should have been in his jersey. I would have even doubled him and taken my chances with someone else shooting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not with 11 seconds left. That's only something you consider if the other team is in bounding the ball with under 5 seconds left.

By the time they fouled them, there would be more like 5 seconds left. Coaches are split on this strategy, but given the way Tulsa was shooting, and the number of shooters most teams now have, I think it is the right strategy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom