Forum runner not working | The Boneyard

Forum runner not working

Reaction Score
Haven't been able to see forum on forum runner for 2 days.

Error message says plug in software might be outdated.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Use the mobil style. Forum runner is on its last legs.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
temery said:
Use the mobil style. Forum runner is on its last legs.
Mobile style?? Is that a setting in Forum Runner? Where on the menu do we find it?

Why does the software still work on iPad but not on my Android phone?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Mobile style?? Is that a setting in Forum Runner? Where on the menu do we find it?

Why does the software still work on iPad but not on my Android phone?

Under preferences - I changed your style to mobile. Use a browser.

Reaction Score
Under preferences - I changed your style to mobile. Use a browser.

So I need to change my preferences every time I switch my client? That's kind of a pain. I view the BY from desktops/mobile phones quite frequently.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
So I need to change my preferences every time I switch my client? That's kind of a pain. I view the BY from desktops/mobile phones quite frequently.

I have no idea what you mean by client. If you are using a browser, you don't have to change anything. Your preferences follow you as long as you are logged in.

Edit: "Mobile" is a responsive style that works on all devices. It optimized the site based on the screen size used.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
FWIW, I've been visiting here almost exclusively with the Mobile style via Chrome on iOS since Temery made the Mobile style available... Don't miss the forum clients one bit (and I had even paid for one).

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I know forum runner is not supported so I dont complain about it, its not Toms problem anymore....but..........
I still use forum runner on my Iphone 6s, it works (albeit with some bugs... cant see twitter links, cant start new threads but can still reply and quote to existing). Even with those bugs I find it preferable to mobile style browser on the Phone. Simply because of screen size. On my Ipads I choose mobile style browser over forum runner. It is simply on the phone that Forum runner is easier to read (for me). I will continue to milk that until it completely dies (or I get fed up with one of the shortfalls)

Reaction Score
As of yesterday forum runner won't even acknowledge me as a user. Even when I'm logged in. Strange. Had to go to mobile browser.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Tom, not sure where to change the style. I looked at my profile but didn't see it. Just uninstalled forum runner as it hasn't worked in a couple of weeks.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Tom, not sure where to change the style. I looked at my profile but didn't see it. Just uninstalled forum runner as it hasn't worked in a couple of weeks.
Click on your name at the top of the page, go to preferences - there should be browser preferences where you can select mobile style.
image.png

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I changed your style. You should be all set.

Reaction Score
Hi, have not been able to log on from FR. I login, but am not really in - can't like, can't see profile, etc..

The site seems to work, but I hardly ever use that...

Also, I get this "Parse error" message all the time when I go into BY from FR.

I've deleted & reinstalled app & it hasn't fixed any of these issues....

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Use the mobile style. Forum Runner is no longer supported.

Reaction Score
Use the mobile style. Forum Runner is no longer supported.

Generally the mobile style in a browser is fine - however, if you are looking at a multi-page thread, it doesn't seem to go to the "unread" portion.

When I'm on my laptop, if I click on a 10 page thread and I've read through page 8, it will bring me to the first unread post.

On my phone, when I click on a link, it always brings me to page 1. Do I need to change a setting?

Any plans to support any forum apps? I liked the apps v. mobile...I visit the site far less on my phone now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom