Former UConn sideline reporter Maria Marino dishes on interviewing Geno, covering the Huskies and her new role | The Boneyard

Former UConn sideline reporter Maria Marino dishes on interviewing Geno, covering the Huskies and her new role

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If you watched a lot of UConn women’s basketball coverage over the past few years, you surely remember former SNY sideline reporter Maria Marino. Maria first started covering the Huskies during the 2019 postseason and then became the regular team reporter going into the 2019-20 season. She had the unique task of interviewing Geno Auriemma on live television, which in itself could be enough to earn you a Peabody Award. Marino said she has many fond memories from her time covering UConn. We caught up with her to find out which ones stand out the most, and to get a glimpse into her new role as a show and podcast host on The Action Network.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sorry about that Bill's fan. I was able to read the entire piece. I assumed everyone else could too. I NEVER knowingly post anything that's behind a paywall. :oops:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Try to open it in a New Private Window.

Right click on the title and select it. I was able to read the post.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She enjoyed her time interviewing the team, which she refers to as being legendary. She was particularly touched that Geno and the rest of the team were aware of things that were going on in her life, like her engagement and eventual marriage and made a point to reach out to congratulate her. When she left the job Paige route to her to thank her for everything she had done in support of the program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom