Former UConn back Dixon chipping in at Cromwell/Portland | The Boneyard

Former UConn back Dixon chipping in at Cromwell/Portland

Reaction Score
Week 4 Football Notes: Former UConn back Dixon chipping in at Cromwell/Portland

>>This season, the Cromwell/Portland program hired a new running backs coach with some serious pedigree.

How many running back coaches in the state have rushed for close to 2,000 yards and close to 20 touchdowns at the FBS level? Former UConn running back Andre Dixon is roaming the Panthers’ sideline this season.<<

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Great to see. Andre is a great guy and great ambassador for UConn. The image of him running into the end zone at South Bend to win that game in double OT is forever etched in my memory.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
LOVE THIS. He was such a big part of our program and a great example of the type of player Edsall can develop/produce.

Reaction Score
Follow-up article to Podcast:
You
Former UConn Running Back Andre Dixon Finds 'Football Fix' As High School Coach

>>Most high school kids are barely old enough to remember Dixon’s college heroics, but such a recent (and successful) playing career gives him credibility with the players he coaches. Dixon isn’t the type to whip out his phone every day to show off his own highlights, but he’s not afraid to use himself as an example.

“I don’t brag a lot, but when I need that time where I’ve gotta give them motivation, I’ll show them a clip or even something where I was talking to the team,” Dixon said. “It’s always good to have things I can refer back to show kids I actually did what I teach you to do.”<<

>>Dixon has big plans for the future. He hopes to build Dixon Sports Performance and Fitness into a large-scale, multi-sport facility that gives kids somewhere to play year-round. He’ll work with football players, his fiance Davina Hernandez, who coaches at Southington High School, will work with softball players, and former UConn guard Doug Wiggins will work with basketball players.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom