Former POY returning to Oklahoma | The Boneyard

Former POY returning to Oklahoma

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
NORMAN, Okla. -- Courtney Paris is returning to Oklahoma as an assistant coach, the school announced Wednesday. "I'm thrilled to return to my alma mater as a coach," Paris said. "When coach [Sherri] Coale offered me the opportunity, it was a no-brainer. I'm excited to get to work."

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I’m still amazed Sherri has a job, and gets paid as much as she does

talk about crime on crime
A few “perspective points” for everyone:
Before Sherry, OU WCBB was abysmal. Sherry made the program and the expectations we now have.
All of her scholarships are now endowed by outside money.
Her contract was extended and runs through 2023.
Her ability to attract and sign top recruits has vanished.
Her ability to develop players has also seemingly vanished.
She added Jackie Stiles last year and now Courtney Paris to seeming shore up the guard and post player skills.
Unless she has a few Conference titles and a couple great NCAA runs in her, I suspect the OU AD will let her “resign” gracefully at the end of this contract.
Otherwise this could get ugly.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fun article quoting our own Stacy Hansmeyer regarding Courtney (and Ashley) Paris and how she will be a big help to the OU Program

By the way, Stacy is clearly having fun (Pre Pandemic at least)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
For some reason, the song title "Running on Empty" comes to mind when I think of Coale.

I do not know what happened - and I'm sure the attendance went away too. While a number of Big 12 teams have the potential to be successful, only Baylor is top rate. Texas and Iowa State seem to be the best of the rest, because West Virginia is so darn inconsistent. Other teams are improving, of course.

The other thing may be that Oklahoma Softball is the premier women's program on campus. As indeed they are.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
A few “perspective points” for everyone:
Before Sherry, OU WCBB was abysmal. Sherry made the program and the expectations we now have.
All of her scholarships are now endowed by outside money.
Her contract was extended and runs through 2023.
Her ability to attract and sign top recruits has vanished.
Her ability to develop players has also seemingly vanished.
She added Jackie Stiles last year and now Courtney Paris to seeming shore up the guard and post player skills.
Unless she has a few Conference titles and a couple great NCAA runs in her, I suspect the OU AD will let her “resign” gracefully at the end of this contract.
Otherwise this could get ugly.

Just seems like such a waste of money to keep her on at her massive salary for 3 more years. How on earth did she get her contract renewed at the same (or higher) rate despite not being a true contender for the Big 12 in over a decade? It's been 11 years since they won a conference title and 13 since theyve won a conference tournament title.

Stringer is a comparable coach in that they both had dominant programs in the 00s but tailed off in the 10s, yet Rutgers gave CViv a pretty substantial pay cut which was more in line with her results.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Just seems like such a waste of money to keep her on at her massive salary for 3 more years. How on earth did she get her contract renewed at the same (or higher) rate despite not being a true contender for the Big 12 in over a decade? It's been 11 years since they won a conference title and 13 since theyve won a conference tournament title.

Stringer is a comparable coach in that they both had dominant programs in the 00s but tailed off in the 10s, yet Rutgers gave CViv a pretty substantial pay cut which was more in line with her results.
And Viv has rebounded, at least somewhat.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom