Former Players Praising Shireffs on Twitter | The Boneyard

Former Players Praising Shireffs on Twitter

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
John Green tweets: Bryant Shireffs is the goat true leader! Would have put up 40 if he was in the whole game. The tweet was liked not only by former Huskies, but current players. Noel Thomas had a similar tweet also liked by a bunch of current players. Maybe I'm looking into things too much, but it made me wonder if maybe the players prefer Bryant and didn't gel with Pindell? If I'm Pindell and see my teammates liking a tweet calling the other QB a 'true leader,' I'd wonder if that means that they don't think I'm a true leader. In any case, I think we have an interesting QB situation on our hands and I wonder how it will play out in the locker room.

Reaction Score
You can certainly praise Shirreffs without it being a dig at Pindell. I am very impressed that Shirreffs is, for the benefit of the team, willing to serve as the extremely able backup. There are a lot of players whose ego could not handle it.

Character counts and I would give Bryant's resume a long look if it came across my desk.

Reaction Score
I think the social norm now a days is if somebody writes something positive about a friend, you like it to support the person and not necessarily because there is a bonafide reason behind liking it. People I know put stuff on IG or Twitter all the time and before you know it there are 100 likes for some sappy quote that means nothing. +1 for being happy for Bryant and not necessarily being anti-Pindell.

Reaction Score
John green and pindell were not on the team at the same time. Try not to be the guy creating news for the sake of a Luke or a reply. BS is a damn good kid and you could see his teammates respected him. Can't they be happy for him w/o it being a controversy? Maybe the leader remark was a slap at cranberry pants

Reaction Score
What I found more interesting were the shots they took at the fans for trashing BS so much. Glad to see a few of you get called out...
They were only calling you out.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
DP and BS handled the situation with class and dignity. Please DO NOT POISON the well!!!!!

Oh come on, it's the boneyard!!! I'm putting on my tin foil hat for a minute

Reaction Score
Being a true leader, as BS was last night, and supporting your teammate who is your competition at your position aren't mutually exclusive.

Reaction Score
BS' TD pass to take the lead was an awful pass. Throw needed to be to the outside, not inside. Receiver made good catch against a bad FCS DB

This team looks terrible, they will be lucky to win an AAC game let alone Mizzou or BCU

I would prefer to see Pindell play since he will be here beyond this year

Reaction Score
BS' TD pass to take the lead was an awful pass. Throw needed to be to the outside, not inside. Receiver made good catch against a bad FCS DB

This team looks terrible, they will be lucky to win an AAC game let alone Mizzou or BCU

Mizzou and BC could be worse than a lot of our AAC opponents... but please go on.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Has there ever been a year where you didn't think we were going to a bowl game in the past six years? I want it as much as anybody but the level of competition goes up slightly from here...

What Nostical "saw" wasn't anything on the field - it was the players' parents sidling up to his tailgate. That's what his analysis is based on, not what actually occurs between the hash marks.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

I was there and you are wrong like you usually are.

Stick to something you know, like irritating others

Reaction Score
Totally wrong. I was in that end zone and 3-4 people said same thing.

No real concerns, they scored, but throw was very bad, receiver turned late and made good play. Nothing that would ever work against FBS level team.

BS is awful. If this is our answer we are gong 2-10, 3-9 at best.

I was there and you are wrong like you usually are.

Stick to something you know, like irritating others

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Totally wrong. I was in that end zone and 3-4 people said same thing.

No real concerns, they scored, but throw was very bad, receiver turned late and made good play. Nothing that would ever work against FBS level team.

BS is awful. If this is our answer we are gong 2-10, 3-9 at best.

If Edsall doesn't yank Pindell when he did, we'd be looking at an 0-1 record today. Realistically we're probably a four win team at best, but as of right now it should be evident to the coaching staff that Shirreffs gives us the best chance to win games.

Reaction Score
Jesus that guy is insufferable. Mayala turned to the inside, took a hop to his right, which was toward the sideline (outside) and the ball hit him in the stomach.

As usual JSM is full of

52 second mark.

If the play was designed for the pass to be thrown any further outside than Hergy would have turned to the outside expecting that's where the ball would be.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You can certainly praise Shirreffs without it being a dig at Pindell. I am very impressed that Shirreffs is, for the benefit of the team, willing to serve as the extremely able backup. There are a lot of players whose ego could not handle it.

Character counts and I would give Bryant's resume a long look if it came across my desk.
Agree.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score

Should we play any seniors then?

Reaction Score
John Green tweets: Bryant Shireffs is the goat true leader! Would have put up 40 if he was in the whole game. The tweet was liked not only by former Huskies, but current players. Noel Thomas had a similar tweet also liked by a bunch of current players. Maybe I'm looking into things too much, but it made me wonder if maybe the players prefer Bryant and didn't gel with Pindell? If I'm Pindell and see my teammates liking a tweet calling the other QB a 'true leader,' I'd wonder if that means that they don't think I'm a true leader. In any case, I think we have an interesting QB situation on our hands and I wonder how it will play out in the locker room.
Only opinion that is going to matter, is Lashlee's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom