Former Penn State Defensive Coordinator Jerry Sandusky | The Boneyard

Former Penn State Defensive Coordinator Jerry Sandusky

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: PSU's AD is being charged with perjury as well.

It's a hot mess in Happy Valley right now...

Reaction Score
Word on the street: PSU's AD is being charged with perjury as well.

It's a hot mess in Happy Valley right now...

he is, along with a VP. This is ugly stuff

Reaction Score
You're JoePa you've got to find out what happened after hearing this. No excuse for anyone who was involved. Unfortunately people who see stuff like this do not know how to handle this other than tell someone who they think should be told. The assistant and his dad attempted to do the right thing, not sure how you get past the PSU stonewalling. The Univeersity President signing off on restricting access and not asking why seems like intentionally not wanting to know. Sounds like the higher ups reactions is similar to how the catholic church reacted.

I guess I just don't get it. Why would the AD and Finance guy act like this, and the others. It makes no sense. Can the "game must go on" and the "good ol' boy network" really be that important vs. stuff like this? Relatives of Sandusky had no clue, give me a break.

If this is even partially true, a lot of people should be going up the river or fired.

Reaction Score
this is not the first time that PSU has stonewalled an investigation anyone remember Rene Portland and sexual descrimination ( her dislike of lesbians) ?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If this is even remotely true, then everyone involved should be fired and thrown in jail. It's not even a discussion. It's the most horrifying thing I've ever read associated with college sports.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
JoePa and President Spanier and PSU will have a lot of trouble regarding this. What a horrible situation for the kids.

"Despite this so-called 'ban', which was reviewed and approved by University President Graham Spanier without any further inquiry on his part, there was no effective change in Sandusky's status with the school and no limits on his access to the campus," Kelly said. "Sandusky's 'emeritus' position, alleged negotiated as part of his 1999 retirement, provided him with an office in the Lasch Football Building; unlimited access to all football facilities, including the locker room; access to all recreational facilities; a parking pass; a university Internet account; listing in the faculty directory and numerous other privileges - he had remained a regular presence on campus."

And Spanier is the chairman of the BCS oversight committee. I guess these incidences explain a lot about Spanier and his attitude regarding the BCS system:

The current chairman of the BCS presidential oversight committee, Penn State President Graham Spanier, said even if it was determined that a playoff system was more inclusive than the current system, college presidents still wouldn't switch.
"We're not going to have a playoff," he said. "I chair the oversight committee for the BCS, and I represent the Big Ten Conference, and I've been on the BCS board and its predecessor organizations from the beginning. There has never been any sentiment whatsoever for a playoff ... If we didn't have the BCS, you would see a movement back to a more traditional bowl system."

Link to article: http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-bcs-discounted-chances-of-white-house-action

Reaction Score
Just a little background: the reason why Spanier is standing behind Curley is because I'm sure he knows the Curley story in total by now. That's why it's unconditional. This came out 3 or 4 years ago, it's been a long time. This is not a recent announcement. My guess, since it's taken many years for the investigation to complete, is that the prosecutor is looking for evidence, and that's why Curley was indicted.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Board of Trustees for PSU should meet this evening, and order every single employee who was remotely aware of what was going on to resign immediately, including Joe Paterno. He can rot in hell for eternity.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, and I don't mean to stereotype, but that picture of Sandusky in Nan's link just screams pedophile. That is one creepy looking dude.

Reaction Score
Wow - Paterno and everyone involved are literally scum. There's no way I could remain quiet about such a thing. I don't think there is anything that makes my blood boil more than the things that man did....

Reaction Score
You know Penn State, has always had that clean and fresh feeling as a program (despite the lengthy list of misdemeanor arrests) but if people associated with the program knew of this and didn't insist he be arrested, they're a phucked up bunch. This is infinitely worst than paying players.

If memory serves me right, they made a big thing of Sandusky's last game when he retired. I (think) I distinctly remember Musberger gushing over Sandusky's retirement in his last game. Sickening to think about.

I'm sure we will hear a story of he himself was molested as youth and that he was a "damaged" person. Never fails with these stories.

Reaction Score
I only read up to victim#2. the grad assistant should've called the police and secured the 10 year old. That should've been the ONLY course of action.

That coach is a Disgusting human being.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I can't bring myself to click on Nan's link - I've got three boys, and I cannot fathom the horror that man has caused to at least eight known families.

Heads need to roll at PSU: every single person in a position to put a stop to this pervert nine(!) years ago - and failed to do so - needs to be relieved of their duties immediately!...

Reaction Score
I only read up to victim#2. the grad assistant should've called the police and secured the 10 year old. That should've been the ONLY course of action.

That coach is a Disgusting human being.

Seriously. How can there be any other reaction? I would be dialing 911, and grabbing a large object to bash over his head. Sounds like this grad assistant saw the assault, went to the car, grabbed some takeout, got home, did the dishes, then called his dad to let him know he saw a small child getting assaulted a few hours ago. Then the dad's reaction? Ummm, lets call Paterno, he'll know what to do! What kind of screwed up place is this?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
But this thing was on the PSU radar long before 2002.

I'm not sure how they could have ignored these events in 1998. And you have to question why they then gave him the retirement perks in 1999.

During testimony before the grand jury, Schultz acknowledged that he was aware of a 1998 University Police investigation that also involved allegations of sexually inappropriate behavior involving Sandusky and young boys in the football showers, but did not pursue the matter further and did not seek any additional review in light of the new report in 2002.

Reaction Score
Penn State helps pedophiles rape children. Kinda makes some kids at the U getting free champaign seem unimportant, but yet one school will get hammered and the NCAA will not touch Penn State.

Reaction Score
Penn State helps pedophiles rape children. Kinda makes some kids at the U getting free champaign seem unimportant, but yet one school will get hammered and the NCAA will not touch Penn State.
Well, one is a criminal matter, the other is breaking of the rules the schools agreed to abide by as members of the NCAA. NCAA has no authority over criminal matters, but I agree with your point. It sure SEEMS Penn State was complicit in allowing this to go on, that said the man has to have his day in court. I first heard of the Sandusky stuff about two years ago and then it disappeared.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Good column by Mike Wise of the Washington Post adding Paterno to the list of those at PSU who share responsibility for this:

"Paterno wasn’t charged, but if Sandusky is guilty he would be guilty — just as Penn State’s athletic director and a university vice president, who were charged with perjury and failure to report suspected child abuse on Saturday, would be guilty.

They would all be party to a worse crime than any crooked, pay-for-play booster at Miami, Ohio State or even SMU ever committed: guilty of protecting a program before a child.

You can’t read the 23-page grand jury report and come to any other conclusion; Penn State football and its pristine reputation apparently superseded the alleged sexual assault of a young boy — perhaps as many as eight young boys — over 15 years by Sandusky.

Joe Pa knew, if the charges are true.

They all knew.

And they never told police."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...erve/2011/11/05/gIQAYIucqM_story.html?hpid=z1

Reaction Score
The fact that they are not suspended immediately is mind blowing.

Reaction Score

Living here in Miami, I sort of share your feelings on this. Part of me wants to know if the national media will call for heads to roll, programs to be shut down, etc. However, I'm just so disgusted by this story, and any story like it, that all I can really think about are the kids that were subjected to this and the unfortunate reality that there isn't a level of punishment severe enough that man's justice could inflict on Sandusky. And I will never, never be able to understand how the grad assistant did not physically step in. What kind of human being, what kind of a man would take that course of inaction?

What kind of people are running things up there for Christ's sake?

Reaction Score
Living here in Miami, I sort of share your feelings on this. Part of me wants to know if the national media will call for heads to roll, programs to be shut down, etc. However, I'm just so disgusted by this story, and any story like it, that all I can really think about are the kids that were subjected to this and the unfortunate reality that there isn't a level of punishment severe enough that man's justice could inflict on Sandusky. And I will never, never be able to understand how the grad assistant did not physically step in. What kind of human being, what kind of a man would take that course of inaction?

What kind of people are running things up there for Christ's sake?
If you think that's bad, read Grand Jury report. The part about the Janitor named "Jim Calhoun". This guy reported what he saw to fellow janitors and his supervisor and they worried that if they said something, they would "lose their jobs."

The more you read of this, the more you really like Penn State. This could have been stopped, at least temporarily much sooner. The part about the Sandusky and his wife trying to contact one of the victims days before he was scheduled to testify to the Grand Jury was particularly nauseating. Unreal.
G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul