Former Husky Tyler Olander making strides in transition to baseball | The Boneyard

Former Husky Tyler Olander making strides in transition to baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tebow will play in the MLB before Olander ever will

I don't see where he's progressed at all, hasn't he been doing this for 3+ years and he hasn't even made Single A?

He has an 8 ERA and 2.0 WHIP in Rookie ball

I give him credit for trying this, certainly could be making more $$ doing something else

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I don't see where he's progressed at all, hasn't he been doing this for 3+ years and he hasn't even made Single A?

I give him credit for trying this, certainly could be making more $$ doing something else

You're the worst athletic talent evaluator on the entire board. This means nothing to all other posters besides yourself.

Reaction Score
There was a guy out here who played for Grand Canyon
Batted 4th behind Tim Salmon and put up some good offensive numbers
He was also used as mop up pitcher occasionally.
When the scouts game to look st the prospect he hoped they would notice his number 340BA 12 HR's
He was drafted in the very late rounds. When he showed up for camp he brought his batting glove and favorite bats. He looked at the rooster and didn't see his name with the position players. With shock he learned he was a pitcher.
He was overwhelmed at the beginning of the year but worked hard and always finished the year strong.This cycle was repeated all the way to the Bigs.
Oleander is a lefty pitcher, If you know baseball you understand that they have the longest leash of any player. Lefties reliever situational pitchers never seem to retire.
As long as he is learning how to pitch and doesn't get frustrated he has a chance.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You are missing out, especially in the 'pool.
Too many of them. I prefer the condensed version of the BY.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reaction Score
I don't normally see JSM's posts, so I thought that you were saying that in response to Hooperscooper's post and I was like "WTF dude?"

Haha. Same.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Always a Richard!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There was a guy out here who played for Grand Canyon
Batted 4th behind Tim Salmon and put up some good offensive numbers
He was also used as mop up pitcher occasionally.
When the scouts game to look st the prospect he hoped they would notice his number 340BA 12 HR's
He was drafted in the very late rounds. When he showed up for camp he brought his batting glove and favorite bats. He looked at the rooster and didn't see his name with the position players. With shock he learned he was a pitcher.
He was overwhelmed at the beginning of the year but worked hard and always finished the year strong.This cycle was repeated all the way to the Bigs.
Oleander is a lefty pitcher, If you know baseball you understand that they have the longest leash of any player. Lefties reliever situational pitchers never seem to retire.
As long as he is learning how to pitch and doesn't get frustrated he has a chance.

who was the guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul