Former Husky Saylor to Ark. [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Poffenbarger to Arkansas.

Raoul (@Raoul_000) Tweeted:
UConn WBB transfer Saylor Poffenbarger (6-1 SO wing, Middletown, MD) has announced her commitment to Arkansas

Reaction Score
Does anyone know for sure what others schools showed interest in her. Was Arkansas ever on her list of schools prior to competing to UConn

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
oh boy, here we go.

deer_eating_popcorn.gif

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Does anyone know for sure what others schools showed interest in her. Was Arkansas ever on her list of schools prior to competing to UConn
Saylor was an early commit to UConn (summer before her junior year) and at the time it was reported that she chose UConn over Maryland, Oregon and Missouri.

Saylor Poffenbarger commits to UConn - High Post Hoopshttps://highposthoops.com › 2019/07/19 › saylor-poffe...

I'm sure other schools reached out to her once she was in the portal, but Arkansas is the only one I heard about her visiting.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So when is she eligible to play?? This semester?

Reaction Score
So when is she eligible to play?? This semester?
Next fall. She's injured, so she probably wouldn't get much playing time even if immediately eligible anyway. Plus it makes no sense to burn an entire year of eligibility on the tail end of an injury shortened season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We may NEVER know ALL the reasons she decided to leave UConn. That's OK, we don't have to. We all are here in the Boneyard on a "need to know" basis. Some things are private, and we don't really need to know. We had nothing to do with her coming or leaving. She was not happy here. How can you be mad or angry at any student-athlete for wanting to leave a situation they no longer feel comfortable in?

She did the best thing she could do. She found another program that she felt was a better fit, and a place she would be happy at. At some point, the blush fell off the rose for her at UConn. By thee same token, I don't think it was necessary for her mother to "bad mouth" UConn in public on the way out. Somethings are better left unsaid and private.

Where ever athletes go, it's got to feel right. All the boxes have to be checked. Congratulations to Saylor and her family for doing what they felt was in HER best interest. I personally wish her and her family all the best during her time spent at Arkansas. I will follow her in the WBB box scores the next 4 years out of curiosity. This week we lost one and gained one (KK Bradford). We're even. :)

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While Saylor was a new favorite of mine who I hoped would be a valuable + Husky, beyond wishing her well I do not intent to follow her or Arkansas AND I hope this Boneyard penchant for adopting such teams does not take route. Take it to the General side of the board.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geez. Could have used her name. :oops::oops:

Reaction Score
She must have really liked the Arkansas style of play during the game against UConn.........

Reaction Score
New to the boneyard. I am a Connecticut Yankee currently living in Alabama . Alabama football and Connecticut women's basketball. Two incredible programs in which the fans demand perfection. The players that attend these schools are obviously gifted athletes, but if you are not mentally tough you do not survive. How long did Mac Jones sit the bench before he got his chance. One national championship later, he is now the starting quarterback of the New England Patriots. I do not know the mental toughness of Saylor, but injuries slowed her progress. I also wonder if Saylor coming early to Uconn put her in a situation where she did not feel part of the freshmen class that she was suppose to be part of. Hopefully she will be happier at Arkansas. Good luck to her.

Reaction Score
I've been to Fayeteville before and it's a beautiful area and feels more midwest than southern in that part of the state. I'm still surprised since there are many programs that would have benefited from her who would have been closer to home and offered great academic environments.

This is a good get for Neighbors though and she will help the Razorbacks if she gets healthy.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I know her mom walked back some of her comments. But no need to burn bridges when you leave.
Where did she do that? I must have missed it…

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Oh lawdy let’s not relive that. Just look for the Poffenbarger mom threads.
Or you could have just linked the thread…?

Sorry — have been busy this week cooking and watching basketball.

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro