Former Huskies believe Hurley is the right coach to fix basketball program | The Boneyard

Former Huskies believe Hurley is the right coach to fix basketball program

Reaction Score
Hurley was probably the very best we could do .
I think his hire has political benefits as well.

Reaction Score
So he seems tireless and enthusiastic. Both pluses. I want to see if Williams, Cobb, and a few others show significant improvement. But so far so good.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So he seems tireless and enthusiastic. Both pluses. I want to see if Williams, Cobb, and a few others show significant improvement. But so far so good.
He seems like a true believer. He's convinced that UConn will back at the top of college basketball. That enthusiasm is catchy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People were posting supposedly cryptic tweets from purv supposedly being displeased that KO was let go .Guess it was nothing.

Reaction Score
Tough love was something I heard a lot over the weekend when Hurley was talked about and how it was very similar to Jim Calhoun. These kids need that type if coach because Hurley wants them to do their best and holding them accountable will help them become their best

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
People were posting supposedly cryptic tweets from purv supposedly being displeased that KO was let go .Guess it was nothing.

He was defending his coach, I don't see anything wrong with that. It seems like once all the players (past and present) meet Hurley, they fall in love. So I'm sure any apprehension on Rodney's part dissipated once he had a conversations with Dan.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
What do his feelings about his former coach being let go have to do with his feelings about Hurley?

Reaction Score
Fix the program? Whatever. If the current coaching staff can't develop the players skill set, it doesn't matter what the Husky veterans think or say. Just comes down to skill development, which we have been lacking these last few years.

Reaction Score
Fix the program? Whatever. If the current coaching staff can't develop the players skill set, it doesn't matter what the Husky veterans think or say. Just comes down to skill development, which we have been lacking these last few years.
Before we even think to question his coaching skills try to remember what kind of front court talent he has this season. It’s below average to say the least. It’s all about if he can get the talent for the future and I have zero doubt that if he does we’re going to be good. No one can consistently win at the level we all want without it. KO missed on several big recruits we were supposedly close to getting and it hurt us.

Reaction Score
I love how Calhoun keeps making a point to say Dan is a very good coach, but not a great coach yet. It’s like he’s pushing Dan in the same way he challenged his players to find another level....absolutely love it.
well hes not a "great" coach. What has he done to deserve that title? Jim Calhoun is a "great" coach and his resume speaks for itself. Im excited about Hurley and fully believe he is going to take us back to where we belong amongst the elite in the college game.

Reaction Score
Hurley might be the best possible hire we could make.
His accomplishments are almost comparable to JC ‘s when he arrived at Storrs .
Yet JC knew he wasn’t a great coach when he got here. I suspect his critia for what make a good coach great is success in the tourney. I also suspect JC would never put himself among the great without at least a FF if not a NC.
Hurley has a nice record but greatness at least by JC definition is still to be determined. We could only hope.

Reaction Score
Spoke last night to a guy who learned about coaching/teaching from Dan Hurley’s dad. He said it was the little things Hurley teaches that makes a big difference and gave (showed me) several examples of where the pass must be thrown, two hands on the ball, a lot about foot position on rebounds—it was amazing. He said UConn will be a relentless defensive team. These players have never been worked as hard. He predicts big things for the program. I’m more excited now for what we can be.

Reaction Score
Hurley might be the best possible hire we could make.
His accomplishments are almost comparable to JC ‘s when he arrived at Storrs .
Yet JC knew he wasn’t a great coach when he got here. I suspect his critia for what make a good coach great is success in the tourney. I also suspect JC would never put himself among the great without at least a FF if not a NC.
Hurley has a nice record but greatness at least by JC definition is still to be determined. We could only hope.

JC will know about his greatness sooner than we can imagine. See 12:54 into following:

jim calhoun 1999 national champion press conference - Bing video

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom