Forget Conference Realignment. Build Winning Football! | The Boneyard

Forget Conference Realignment. Build Winning Football!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guys, we have to move on. We have built a winning tradition in basketball, soccer, field hockey,...let's bring football to the next level! We actually have a good winning tradition in football over the past decade.

Can it be done? Of course it can. Look at what some schools have done with fewer advantages than UConn. Schools like TCU, Utah, Boise St, Louisville before the BE, Hawaii, which were all non-BCS schools that had good runs in football. Why can't it be us?

Taking football to the next level has to be the priority as well as building the basketball facility to maintain basketball.

I have seen many ideas posted on this board and I think we need to promote them to whoever ends up being our AD. Unfortunately, Hathaway was a disaster for UConn sports as he was a good number 2, but not a visionary leader to bring us to the next level. We need a dreamer who sets what appear to be unobtainable goals. Fans don't lead, but the AD and President do and they get us excited about UConn both academically and athletically.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
If you want an AD to take UConn to the next level, put Jim Calhoun in that job!

Reaction Score
If trying to build winning football costs the basketball program, I'll say no thanks.

Reaction Score
If trying to build winning football costs the basketball program, I'll say no thanks.

Agree 100%. That is why we should only leave the Big East if it is for another power conference. Memphis' recent success in basketball is built on having two coaches that are dynamite recruiters. Gonzaga, Butler, Temple and Xavier are the exceptions and not the norm. I wouldn't want to take the risk by joining CUSA+. Let MWCUSA come to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom