Foreign recruiting | The Boneyard

Foreign recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very impressed with AZ two big men freshmen--one from Finland the other from Serbia. Beyond that Ive looked around at many teams who are greatly enhanced by foreign players. We certainly have been in the past as well. It seems like we have suddenly stopped mining in this area but I think we should put more team equity into this field again?

Reaction Score
This is something I hadn't thought of, but it's a good point. Our last recruit to play HS outside the U.S. was Tolksdorf - Calhoun's last recruit.

We've had lots of success with international players over the years, and it'd be nice to have that pipeline going again.

Reaction Score
We had Nadav in 1990, Doron in 1994... After them we had Gilad Katz, Uri Cohen Mintz, Predrag Materic, Ajou Ajou Deng, Souleymane Wane, Ater Majok, Leon Tolksdorf, Niels Giffey, Enosch Wolf, and probably some others... So we had two stars (Doron, Nadav), two guys who were serviceable/very useful (Souley, Niels) and the rest were either massive disappointments (Ajou, Ater) or bench players. I wouldn't describe that as having a pipeline.

Reaction Score
I'll take 30% of our international players ending up like Nadav or Neils. Seems like they are also late add ons so their not really costing us a scholarship. Also if things don't go well, they sort of fade off/transfer with no great harm.

Reaction Score
I'll take 30% of our international players ending up like Nadav or Neils. Seems like they are also late add ons so their not really costing us a scholarship. Also if things don't go well, they sort of fade off/transfer with no great harm.

Of course, we'd all love that percentage - on the same note, though, our Israeli pipeline dried out 20+ years ago...

Most of the good foreign players go and make $$ playing in the top euro leagues and then get drafted in the NBA as a teenager. There are very few big-time foreign kids who come to US colleges anymore. The only one in recent memory is the kid at Kansas and he has been a bit of a disappointment. Every other one will go play against better competition in Europe, have modest stats, and then will be a draft and follow by some team. All the while, they are making six figures.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
But couldn't Gina at least recruit Italy. Sophia, Gina, Verna.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom