Fordham at Yale Bowl Saturday | The Boneyard

Fordham at Yale Bowl Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://articles.courant.com/2013-10...1015_1_coach-joe-moorhead-tony-reno-dartmouth

"Junior quarterback Michael Nebrich leads the nation in completion percentage (74.2 percent), including making his first 20 throws last week against Georgetown. He appeared in eight games as a freshman at UConn in 2011, completing 5 of 14 passes for 69 yards and rushed eight times for 10 net yards.
His leading receiver is former New Britain High standout Tebucky Jones Jr., a junior who appeared in 16 games for the Huskies in the past two seasons. He has 50 receptions for 601 yards, including 12 catches for 182 last week against Georgetown.
Fordham's other connection central to the operation is coach Joe Moorhead, a former UConn assistant.
"Coach trains us to think of the opponent as being faceless," said Yale junior defensive end Jeff Schmittgens. "We will look for tendencies on film that we'll try to stop. But we don't think much about rankings."

Bronx, N.Y. (October 15, 2013) – Fordham University junior quarterback Mike Nebrich has been added as a candidate for the 27th annual Walter Payton Award, which will be presented by The Sports Network to the outstanding player in the FCS following the regular season. He joins teammate Carlton Koonce who was named to the list prior to the start of the season.

small_DBD47484.jpg

Mike Nebrich
Nebrich is enjoying one of the most successful seasons for a Fordham quarterback, completing 190 of 256 passes for 2,166 yards and 17 touchdowns this fall while also rushing for 393 yards and five scores. He is leading the NCAA FCS in pass completion percentage (74.2%) and is ranked third in passing yards, third in total offense/game (365.5), fourth in passing touchdowns, seventh in passing efficiency (166.42) and eighth in passing yards/game (309.4). Nebrich is also fourth in the NCAA FCS in points responsible for per game (19.1).

Nebrich has helped Fordham post its first 7-0 start since 1930. The Rams are currently ranked eighth in the latest Sports Network NCAA FCS poll and the NCAA FCS Coaches poll, the highest ranking ever on the FCS level for the Rams (the previous best was ninth early in the 2003 season).

Fordham has also been recognized by the ECAC who rank the Rams first in the initial Lambert Cup poll of 2013.

The Payton Award Watch List can undergo revision during the season. Ballots will be sent to a national panel of sports information and media relations directors, broadcasters, writers and other dignitaries following the regular season. The top three vote-getters will be invited to The Sports Network FCS Awards Presentation Dec. 16 in Philadelphia.

The Sports Network also presents the Buck Buchanan, Jerry Rice and Eddie Robinson awards. The Buchanan Award honors the outstanding defensive player in the FCS, the Rice Award goes to the FCS freshman of the year and the Robinson Award honors the FCS coach of the year. The winners of those three awards also will be invited to the national banquet.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Joe Moorhead would even come back to UCONN now? Hathaway's mistakes continue to reverberate in Storrs.

Reaction Score
There's a saying that FBS caliber players stand out in high school, basically being the best player(s) on the field during any given game.

IMO, players who are considered the best in FCS, probably stand a decent chance of succeeding at the FBS level, given proper coaching as well as being surrounded by a competent supporting cast.

I'm thinking, with Moorehead as the OC, Foley as the OL coach and Davis, Phillips and T Jones as WR's, Nebrich would have been more than adequate as our starting QB, last year or this year.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Fordham would beat us this year. Got them one year early thank goodness

Reaction Score
Good God Almighty I hope we start winning some games again, if for no other reason that these discussions about Fordham as a model for success stop showing up. Last I checked, they were still a 1-AA program. They're playing Yale this weekend at the Yale Bowl. If we ever play at the Yale Bowl again, it should be against Ohio State or Nebraska or Penn State.

Reaction Score
Good God Almighty I hope we start winning some games again, if for no other reason that these discussions about Fordham as a model for success stop showing up. Last I checked, they were still a 1-AA program. They're playing Yale this weekend at the Yale Bowl. If we ever play at the Yale Bowl again, it should be against Ohio State or Nebraska or Penn State.

Oh please, nobody forced you to read it. I made it very clear what the subject was about.

IMO following these players and Moorhead (all of whom were solid citizens at UCONN and treated poorly by P) is no different than following Sherman and Griffin etc. in the NFL, and we see threads on that all the time.

Also Moorhead should be a prominent part of our coaching vacancy discussion.

This is certainly a season we need to find a second team to root for. Go Fordham Huskies in exile!

Reaction Score
Think BizLaw has enough evidence, even without personally observing all the practices in 2011 and beginning of 2012 to not challenge the statement "a freshman MN should have been given a real shot at being starting QB in 2011 and was not".
fhcRE would have started Box and then gone to MN in 2011 when Box struggled; something like CW/Boyle this year.

Reaction Score

This is not about Fordham being a model. This is about your boy PGDL blowing it with a kid who turned out to be a pretty decent QB. They have more FBS wins than we do this season...

Reaction Score
Moorhead deserves all the credit for Fordham. He won't last there long.

Reaction Score
Moorhead deserves all the credit for Fordham. He won't last there long.

In hindsight all Hathaway had to do was promote Moorhead. He probably could have had him for $600K plus incentives. I'm sure Moorhead applied for the job. Maybe that's exactly what we should do with Weist now. Blowing everything up to start over could be another blunder as the real problem has already been removed.

If Warde just gets a wiff of success and professionalism from TJ he should be given strong consideration and if no knock your socks off candidate emerges just give Weist the job. With that said I hope a great candidate emerges, maybe its Moorhead he certainly has the offensive mind Warde is seeking.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Decent freaking team with our "cast offs" because of poor talent eval by Blue and Luther.
Good Luck MN and TBuck Jr, and Jm. Beat Yale, beat them badly,

Wish you were (still) here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member