Forde on AAC's, UConn's next steps | The Boneyard

Forde on AAC's, UConn's next steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://yhoo.it/16ZEhKI

Key lines:

"(UConn) Football has tumbled since the uninspired hire of Paul Pasqualoni" can't argue that one and how much damage it ended up doing in CR.
"Get Connecticut and Cincinnati to quit sulking and start leading". Oh yeah, Pat, is that what YOU would do if you were the AD? Please.
"Ride whatever momentum Louisville and Rutgers may provide on their way out of the conference." Uh, I believe the reverse is true. I believe the goal is to leave UL and SUNJ totally bloodied and battered on their way out the door. Usually don't believe in this but if any AAC member gets a chance to run it up on either/both in football or hoops they should take advantage of it. Would love to see UConn men put a UConn-women style beating on Rutgers in hoops.

The main takeaway is that nonconference games against Power 5 are almost more important than conference games. IMO can't waste any more football non-conf dates against the Stony Brooks and Villanovas. Looks like men's hoops has done that 2013-14. A Power 5 away to finish off 2014 football schedule would also be helpful.

"

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The AAC will never be respected as a football league. It simply won't happen. Even when the Big East was good with brand name teams it never received it's due respect.

That being said, UConn, on its own can build a reputation by consistently being in the AAC title game and wining our big OOC games and bowl games.

If a community college in Idaho can do it, and they sure have for over a decade, I don't see how with the right hires we can't get there.

If we consistently finish in the middle of the pack in the AAC, like we did in the big east, it's going to be tough to blame but anyone but ourselves.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
If a community college in Idaho can do it, and they sure have for over a decade, I don't see how with the right hires we can't get there.

Agree to some extent but its an awful lot easier to do it when your admissions requirements are basically a pulse and a high school diploma. They have the ability to accept all of the borderline cases oregon, cal, USC, UCLA, etc can't touch.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

The main takeaway is that nonconference games against Power 5 are almost more important than conference games. IMO can't waste any more football non-conf dates against the Stony Brooks and Villanovas. Looks like men's hoops has done that 2013-14. A Power 5 away to finish off 2014 football schedule would also be helpful.

"

Yup.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Agree to some extent but its an awful lot easier to do it when your admissions requirements are basically a pulse and a high school diploma. They have the ability to accept all of the borderline cases oregon, cal, USC, UCLA, etc can't touch.

Good point, I didn't even think of that. That's almost a double whammy to UConn because not only can our peers recruit anyone that can fog a mirror, it appears our admission standards are very strict for our athletes.

As long as someone can hang academically once they get here, I wish the school would take onmore academic risk players with high football ceilings.

I'm probably in the minority for that though.

Reaction Score
UCONN just has to win football games despite the AAC. We can't do a thing about the AAC. If PP is not the right coach, we need to hire one ASAP regardless of the cost. Our school can't sit around waiting for something to happen, we need to get our football program up to Boise level anyway we can in the AAC or not.

Reaction Score

Key lines:

"(UConn) Football has tumbled since the uninspired hire of Paul Pasqualoni" can't argue that one and how much damage it ended up doing in CR.
"Get Connecticut and Cincinnati to quit sulking and start leading". Oh yeah, Pat, is that what YOU would do if you were the AD? Please.
"Ride whatever momentum Louisville and Rutgers may provide on their way out of the conference." Uh, I believe the reverse is true. I believe the goal is to leave UL and SUNJ totally bloodied and battered on their way out the door. Usually don't believe in this but if any AAC member gets a chance to run it up on either/both in football or hoops they should take advantage of it. Would love to see UConn men put a UConn-women style beating on Rutgers in hoops.

"

http://yhoo.it/16ZEhKI[/quote
I don't usually agree with Mr. Forde, but he is correct on the "uninspired hire" of the head football coach. The perception that UConn did not want to advance football by that hire, and the ineffectiveness of the AD, I believe led to UConn's demise in CR.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Pat Forde is a louisville homer d bag. I wouldn't wipe my with his articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom