For what it's worth NCAA Moves Forward with DI Women's Basketball | The Boneyard

For what it's worth NCAA Moves Forward with DI Women's Basketball

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Kinda like shoveling smoke at this point but at least they seem to be paying close attention and taking an appropriate tone.

Interesting that beginning in 2023 they are planning two site, eight team regionals. That might be a tough ticket, sounds like a blast. I'm assuming six games, all involving top 16 teams, at each site with two from each site going to the Final Four. Host cities to be named in October.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Kinda like shoveling smoke at this point but at least they seem to be paying close attention and taking an appropriate tone.

Interesting that beginning in 2023 they are planning two site, eight team regionals. That might be a tough ticket, sounds like a blast. I'm assuming six games, all involving top 16 teams, at each site with two from each site going to the Final Four. Host cities to be named in October.
I didn't read it, but I suspect it really means 2 separate regionals at one site - similar to when they were doing 8 team 1st/2nd round sites. Rutgers played at Storrs one of those years, but was not in UConn's pod, for example.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@eebmg Disappointed you made me look at that site. :mad: Head bang

I didn't read it, but I suspect it really means 2 separate regionals at one site - similar to when they were doing 8 team 1st/2nd round sites. Rutgers played at Storrs one of those years, but was not in UConn's pod, for example.

Gonna be interesting to see which sites win the bidding. I'm pretty certain Greensboro placed a bid.... hopefully they can host 1 of the 4 years.

Reaction Score
@eebmg Disappointed you made me look at that site. :mad: Head bang

Gonna be interesting to see which sites win the bidding. I'm pretty certain Greensboro placed a bid.... hopefully they can host 1 of the 4 years.

I’m longing to have a regional return to Denver soon, but I’m not holding my breath with Colorado and Denver both not being overly impressive outside of last gasp losses to Stanford.

Reaction Score
I like the two site concept for the sweet 16. Hopefully that will eliminate some of the geography influence on the bracket.

Also, it will look more appealing on TV when you don’t have one or two regionals being played in virtually empty arenas. I’d bet at least half of the fans would attend more games than just their teams.

Reaction Score
If they go to a two site regional with eight teams they will force people(like myself) to choose between attending the regional's or attending the final four especially if it means air travel not everyone can afford twice the airfare and another hotel stay. It may mean more fans(maybe) for the regional's and less fans for the final four or the other way around. Just my thoughts.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
I’m longing to have a regional return to Denver soon, but I’m not holding my breath with Colorado and Denver both not being overly impressive outside of last gasp losses to Stanford.
actually Denver may work really well. Otherwise it's a tug of war between TX and CA/OR for the location so Denver can really be neutral and attract both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom