For what it's worth.... from AAC message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pony94
All American

I Root For: SMU
RE: We are leaving the AAC. Good Bye!!
Had lunch with a UT admin and they are under pressure to add two more and the two he mentioned sickened me. Not Cincy, USF or UCF. Houston was mentioned but was third or fourth.

Don't bother searching for it, since nothing more was said. Memphis? Tulane? East Carolina? New Mexico? Colorado State? BYU?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Who's adding two schools? Big 12? that post makes no sense without the OP.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
UT admin.

That's U. Texas.
No but why would you list those crap schools as options for the Big 12. Also, not a chance in hell another Texas school gets invited.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I don't understand this post at all. If SMU is leaving presumably, why the hell would they care who the other team is that goes with them to the Big12??? Or is the poster saying that there are two teams ahead of them, and they don't like who they are? (cough...cough....UConn and BYU....cough....cough)

Reaction Score
I don't understand this post at all. If SMU is leaving presumably, why the hell would they care who the other team is that goes with them to the Big12??? Or is the poster saying that there are two teams ahead of them, and they don't like who they are? (cough...cough....UConn and BYU....cough....cough)

Keep hope alive.

Reaction Score
No but why would you list those crap schools as options for the Big 12. Also, not a chance in hell another Texas school gets invited.

Wow. Early in the day for drinking, no? Calm down. This is what a SMU fan reported. What schools do you think he's referring to?

Reaction Score

SMU is NOT one of the teams.

He said 2 teams were mentioned. He's an SMU fan.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They seem to be suggesting ECU believe it or not. Some of them do mention UConn and BYU as the top properties still on the table.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain this post? Who (what school) posted that they were leaving, goodbye?

GG

Reaction Score
ECU and which other team? A couple of weeks ago a WVU poster (okay, laugh) indicated it was UCONN and USF.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
OK, I finally understand it. The thread title started with a Houston fan who though they were leaving. The post above is from an SMU fan, who supposedly had lunch with somebody at UT. He was sickened by what he heard, meaning that it certainly was not SMU. Also not the Florida schools or Houston. So potentially Cinci, UConn, BYU or other. In mind that is patently obvious.

Reaction Score
OK, I finally understand it. The thread title started with a Houston fan who though they were leaving. The post above is from an SMU fan, who supposedly had lunch with somebody at UT. He was sickened by what he heard, meaning that it certainly was not SMU. Also not the Florida schools or Houston. So potentially Cinci, UConn, BYU or other. In mind that is patently obvious.

Thanks for the explanation. Note that he says "not Cincy".

Reaction Score

Not Cincy, he specifically said not Cincy. Also don't know why UConn would sicken.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Thanks. It's much easier to understand when the pretext of the whole thread is given. I don't see why Houston or SMU would think they had a shot. I can't imagine what it must have taken to convince Texas to be ok with TCU. No way they could convince them to take any other Texas school.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Wow. Early in the day for drinking, no? Calm down. This is what a SMU fan reported. What schools do you think he's referring to?
Never to early to drink :confused::cool:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Not Cincy, he specifically said not Cincy. Also don't know why UConn would sicken.

If you read the whole thread, we're not very popular. They dismiss UConn out of hand on geography alone. Most seem to think we'd be an option if closer. I think he was sickened in part with what the AAC would lose and the fact that SMU would be stuck in it.

Reaction Score
ECU and which other team? A couple of weeks ago a WVU poster (okay, laugh) indicated it was UCONN and USF.

ECU?! That's cray-cray to the nth degree if anyone believes that. I mean, when the Big East invited Tulane, they still only gave ECU a football-only invite at the time when the league was just looking for warm bodies. Speaking of which, Tulane is one of those schools that could be stomach-turning to an SMU fan and was actually mentioned as a potential Big 12 add last year by (I think) Andy Katz. Not saying that's correct, but if we're throwing names against the wall...

Reaction Score
If you read the whole thread, we're not very popular. They dismiss UConn out of hand on geography alone. Most seem to think we'd be an option if closer. I think he was sickened in part with what the AAC would lose and the fact that SMU would be stuck in it.

If the AAC keeps UConn and Cincy, its fine. Nobody else matters.....at all. The B12 would only look at UConn, Cincy and USF so, either this info is bogus or UConn is going to the B12.

GG

Reaction Score
ECU?! That's cray-cray to the nth degree if anyone believes that. I mean, when the Big East invited Tulane, they still only gave ECU a football-only invite at the time when the league was just looking for warm bodies. Speaking of which, Tulane is one of those schools that could be stomach-turning to an SMU fan and was actually mentioned as a potential Big 12 add last year by (I think) Andy Katz. Not saying that's correct, but if we're throwing names against the wall...

Hmmm. I would have to think UCONN would be one of the schools being considered. We give WV an eastern partner. Assuming it is us, I wonder who the other team is if it is not cinch. I thought there were Sunday scheduling issues with byu.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
SMU is NOT one of the teams.

He said 2 teams were mentioned. He's an SMU fan.

Ah, so a Houston fan started the thread? Okay, it's all starting to come together now... ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oh no, SMU is leaving? What will that do to our great TV contract????
Improve it marginally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69