For UConn Football, Not Just Losing Season, But A Lost One (Courant- Anthony) | The Boneyard

For UConn Football, Not Just Losing Season, But A Lost One (Courant- Anthony)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
For UConn Football Not Just A Losing Season, It Was A Lost Season

This was a bad season for the team, which lost its final six games and finished 3-9, and a bad season for the program. Efforts to get into the Big 12 were stonewalled, and in much more dramatic fashion so was the UConn offense, the worst unit in the nation. It all became annoying, then worrisome, then really problematic, then debilitating, then depressing — and then almost irrelevant.

That's the most damaging part. UConn football lost itself and lost the public in the process, it seems. There was indifference. By the end, though coach Bob Diaco insists players gave their all through the final snap, it appeared as though players quit, or quit caring. Maybe they didn't. But the losses piled up in such a ridiculous way — the "how" being much more telling than the "what" — that it just looked and felt that way.

There were no more than 5,000 fans at Rentschler Field Saturday night, a quiet gathering that was a top-of-the-lungs scream of disappointment and apathy. There was room for 35,000 more. That's a lot of old concrete to stare at. It wasn't pretty, and neither was the product on the field.

At least it's over. Diaco cites the strength of the defense, special teams, overall talent and culture in explaining that the team and program do not require a rebuild.

Reaction Score
Hearing Diaco talk about the defense and special teams being examples of not needing a rebuild makes me so angry. Way to throw your offense under the bus when your defense couldn't stop anyone and your specials teams can't return a punt. At least be realistic (in actual reality, not your fantasy one) and say all 3 phases need to improve.

Reaction Score
Diaco is a clown and doesn't deserve to be the HC.
Only $$ owed can save him.
Pretty sad all the way around.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its worse- we don't even know if they can return a punt or not.

They don't even tryyyyyyyyyyyy.

Good point. This is the classic "can I vs may I" situation. Can they? I have no idea. May they, absolutely not because our coach is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom